1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 00:40
    Originally posted by dryhump
    14000000 people starved to death last year, why aren't we hearing about that on the news? That should have been the op. Please forgive the health insurance thing, FMF is right totally separate topic. With the new baby I'm not getting much sleep lately.
    Don't eat the baby...
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 00:41
    14000000 people starved to death last year, why aren't we hearing about that on the news? That should have been the op. Please forgive the health insurance thing, FMF is right totally separate topic. With the new baby I'm not getting much sleep lately.
    rec'd.

Congratulations on the new baby!
  3. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 02:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    rec'd.

Congratulations on the new baby!
    Thank you sir. She was 10 lbs and 4 oz.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 05:54
    14000000 people starved to death last year, why aren't we hearing about that on the news?
    Because its not new. Certainly not negatively new ie that figure is probably a bit lower than the year before, so if it gets reported it must be in a positive light and as we all know, the western media doesn't report positives.
    I am sure it did get reported, but was put in a negative light by saying something like "European nations have not met their poverty reduction goals this year due to the Euro crisis." You saw 'Euro-crisis' and skipped to the next article.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree