1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 18:23
    http://www.catholicvoteaction.org/index.php

It is about time the United States of America sees to it that all of their citizins, not just the rich middle- and upperclass, get adequate healthcare.
  2. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 18:35
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

It is about time the United States of America sees to it that all of their citizins, not just the rich middle- and upperclass, get adequate healthcare.
    whats wrong with leaving them to die in the streets?

the US system is working just fine, if you don't have money its just too bad, thats how it works.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 18:41
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    😕
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 18:551 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    😕
    its very simple:

YouTube

"if you dont like america you can giiit out "
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '09
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 04:03

I haven't read the link you posted, but I am very concerned about the prospect. In my state, we have health insurance for the low-income population, and I think it is definitely a good thing, even with its somewhat-massive shortcomings. However, a national health care plan worries me a bit, for too many reasons to go into right here. I don't know much about the national plan being proposed, but in the very least I would wish for private practice not to be done away with.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 13:381 edit

Why stop at health care? Why not see to it that everyone has a roof over their head and food in the belly? For that matter, why not see to it that they all have jobs. Then while were at it, why stop at the citizens of the country? Why not provide these things to the entire world? In fact, I think there should be peace on earth as well, so why not mandate the US see to it that all the countries of the earth live peaceably?

We can and shall attain a UTOPIA!!
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 16:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why stop at health care? Why not see to it that everyone has a roof over their head and food in the belly? For that matter, why not see to it that they all have jobs. Then while were at it, why stop at the citizens of the country? Why not provide these things to the entire world? In fact, I think there should be peace on earth as well, so why not mandate ...[text shortened]... to it that all the countries of the earth live peaceably?

are you on cocaine?
  8. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 16:20

the US system is working just fine, if you don't have money its just too bad, thats how it works.
    Our citizens are not dying in the streets, fool!
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 16:26
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Our citizens are not dying in the streets, fool!
    Our citizens are not dying in the streets

have you ever watched sicko? according to the doc there were people who were basically dying in the streets.

fool!

yo, quit callin' me fool, fool!
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 08:06
    Why stop at health care? Why not see to it that everyone has a roof over their head and food in the belly? For that matter, why not see to it that they all have jobs. Then while were at it, why stop at the citizens of the country? Why not provide these things to the entire world? In fact, I think there should be peace on earth as well, so why not mandate ...[text shortened]... to it that all the countries of the earth live peaceably?

not letting people die because they don't have the money is not the same thing as giving them all a ferrari and a supermodel girlfriend/boyfriend because everyone has the right to be happy.

and yes, now that you mention food in ones belly, if you let a person die of starvation on your doorsteps while asking you for a bowl of soup while you have a free fridge, you are scum. if someone dies of a flu and you have penicilin and you are not giving it to them, you are scum.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 10:35
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    not letting people die because they don't have the money is not the same thing as giving them all a ferrari and a supermodel girlfriend/boyfriend because everyone has the right to be happy.

and yes, now that you mention food in ones belly, if you let a person die of starvation on your doorsteps while asking you for a bowl of soup while you have a free f ...[text shortened]... f someone dies of a flu and you have penicilin and you are not giving it to them, you are scum.
    Well the truly poor are outside the US, not inside. So do you propose true universal health care and welfare by covering people world wide?
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 11:25
    Well the truly poor are outside the US, not inside. So do you propose true universal health care and welfare by covering people world wide?
    That should be the goal.

But first lets start with the US.
  13. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 14:18

a roof over everyone's head -- food in everyone's belly -- a job for everyone.

Do you believe America is so powerless or weak-willed that it can't find a way to reach these relatively modest goals?
  14. Pepperland
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 16:15
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    That should be the goal.

But first lets start with the US.
    why should that be the goal? can't others do it themselves?
  15. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 17:331 edit
    why should that be the goal? can't others do it themselves?
    So far, experience has shown the answer to be no.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree