Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber mchill
    Infinitorum
    18 Jan '17 15:58
    Does anyone remember George W Bush's deregulation policy's that gave us that rare an wonderful event called the great recession? Banks failing at a record rate, NYSE dropping like a rock, IRA's worth 40% of what they were before? Unemployment skyrocketing?

Buckle up buttercup, because we're headed down that path again!

http://apps.bostonglobe.com/graphics/2016/11/dodd-frank/
  2. 18 Jan '17 18:07
    Originally posted by mchill
    Does anyone remember George W Bush's deregulation policy's that gave us that rare an wonderful event called the great recession? Banks failing at a record rate, NYSE dropping like a rock, IRA's worth 40% of what they were before? Unemployment skyrocketing?

From what I gather, it was the "government" that caused the recession. Therefore, the solution must be less "government". It's basic common sense.
  3. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    18 Jan '17 18:08
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    From what I gather, it was the "government" that caused the recession. Therefore, the solution must be less "government". It's basic common sense.
    Yeah, the banks and investors had nothing to do with it...

Duh...
  4. Subscriber mchill
    Infinitorum
    18 Jan '17 18:12
    You don't seem to "gather" very much.
  5. 18 Jan '17 18:14 / 1 edit
    You don't seem to "gather" very much.
    If you don't understand conservative "thinking" by now, you never will.
  6. 18 Jan '17 18:19 / 1 edit
    I rather supposed that everything would be propped up until Obama leaves.

For you see, Obama was not allowed to fail, just as much as Trump will never be allowed to succeed.
  7. 18 Jan '17 19:46
    If you don't understand conservative "thinking" by now, you never will.
    You forgot about Poe's law.
  8. 18 Jan '17 20:11 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You forgot about Poe's law.
    Indifference is more like it.

This subject actually came up fairly recently. My first post was the gist of the argument put forth. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
  9. 18 Jan '17 20:24
    Wasn't it you that not long ago was telling us that we could not possibly know what Trump is planning and thus should not judge him until he has had some time in office?
    Why the change of heart?
  10. 18 Jan '17 22:05
    Originally posted by twhitehead to Mchill
    Wasn't it you that not long ago was telling us that we could not possibly know what Trump is planning
    and thus should not judge him until he has had some time in office?
    Why the change of heart?
    In fact, Mchill recently argued that everyone should give President Trump 'a year' to do
    whatever he pleased without, apparently, being allowed to judge or to criticize him.
    Mchill also apparently argued that everyone should ignore Donald Trump's long record
    of reprehensible conduct before he becomes US President.

But I would hardly expect any consistency from a troll such as Mchill.
  11. Subscriber mchill
    Infinitorum
    19 Jan '17 00:02 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    In fact, Mchill recently argued that everyone should give President Trump 'a year' to do
    whatever he pleased without, apparently, being allowed to judge or to criticize him.
    Mchill also apparently argued that everyone should ignore Donald Trump's long record
    of reprehensible conduct before he becomes US President.

But I would hardly expect any consistency from a troll such as Mchill.

No Duchess, that is NOT what Mchill argued at all. Mchill argued no one should judge Donald Trump "As President" until he becomes president. Any one can judge or criticize Mr. Trump all they wish, and in fact they should, but judging a presidential record that does not yet exist makes no sense at all. In addition, I tried to point out that I (and only I) will be content to wait 1 year to judge Mr. Trump's "Presidential" record. You can judge what every you wish.

I'll try to ignore your usual name calling and ugly remarks to suggest that you do try to follow along a little better, will you please?
  12. 19 Jan '17 00:55 / 1 edit

Your memory must be going.

It was the housing market that sent thing south. Why the housing market? Because GW went with the Dems and told banks to give loans to people who don't really qualify?

Why? Because everyone should own a house and it was the mean bankers with too strick conditions for handing out loans. GW and the Dems are to blame.

Is Trump going to have such a compassionate consevative approach? I hope not.
  13. 19 Jan '17 02:28 / 2 edits

No Duchess, that is NOT what Mchill argued at all. Mchill argued no one should judge Donald Trump "As President" until he becomes president. Any one can judge or criticize Mr. Trump ...[text shortened]... nd ugly remarks to suggest that you do try to follow along a little better, will you please?
    Mchill keeps being disingenuous. In fact, some of what Donald Trump has done *before
    he's been inaugurated* as President should be considered part of his record as President.

In fact, Donald Trump has announced all his nominees to his Cabinet *before* he's become President.
    In fact, members of the Senate are *now judging* the qualifications of his nominees *before* he's become President.
    Donald Trump's choices of nominees to his Cabinet are a part of his presidential record.

In reality, most people (other than Donald Trump apologists) prefer not to follow Mchill's
    example in disingenuously acting as though Donald Trump's a blank slate with no *record
    of statements or actions relevant to being US President* for which he can be judged.

With regard to his typical hypocritical posturing about my alleged 'name-calling', I would
    point out that the lying racist troll Mchill has been tirelessly repeating his cherished lie
    that I must hate all white men, even though I have refuted it often before.
  14. Subscriber mchill
    Infinitorum
    19 Jan '17 02:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Mchill keeps being disingenuous. In fact, some of what Donald Trump has done *before
    he's been inaugurated* as President should be considered part of his record as President.

In fact, Donald Trump has announced all his nominees to his Cabinet *before* he's become President.
    In fact, members of the Senate are now judging the qualifications of his nomi ...[text shortened]... his cherished lie
    that I must hate all white men, even though I have refuted it often before.
    Lord, please forgive Duchess, for she knows not what she says.