1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 00:32
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Neither does abysmal ignorance.
    Then why put it on display with the snarky comments. If you have some facts, present them.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 00:37
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Then why put it on display with the snarky comments. If you have some facts, present them.
    I'm exhausted with pointing out well known facts to someone as stunningly intellectually lazy as you are. If you want to believe Chile under Pinochet was a paradise, be my guest.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 00:48
    I'm exhausted with pointing out well known facts to someone as stunningly intellectually lazy as you are. If you want to believe Chile under Pinochet was a paradise, be my guest.
    You are exhausted by people challenging your shallow view of things. I don't think Chile under Pinochet was a paradise (your words). It was an improvement and a reform over the former government, and today Chile is considered a leader in many ways, including a pension system that is the envy of most nations. GDP for many years ahead of the rest of South America.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 05:32
    You have to be kidding. I said that the socialized and nationalized portion of American health care was in the most expensive sectors, and the system hasn't been market driven for decades

From that you conclude I advocate sick people dying??? The truth is that rationing and euthanasia are solutions of state run health care.
    Euthanasia? Hahaha.
  5. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 05:361 edit
    The truth is that rationing and euthanasia are solutions of state run health care.
    Do you think rationing doesn't happen in a privatized system?
  6. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 05:37
    Also, whoever disliked every post of No1's--you're a moron.
  7. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 06:43
    Just ask the Chileans how "right" Miltie was.
    The Chileans say that Milton Friedman was absolutely right.

"Sound economic policies, maintained consistently since the 1980s, have contributed to steady economic growth in Chile and have more than halved poverty rates.[9][24] The 1973–90 military government sold many state-owned companies, and the three democratic governments since 1990 have continued privatization, though at a slower pace. The government's role in the economy is mostly limited to regulation, although the state continues to operate copper giant CODELCO and a few other enterprises (there is one state-run bank). Chile is strongly committed to free trade and has welcomed large amounts of foreign investment. Chile has signed free trade agreements (FTAs) with a whole network of countries, including an FTA with the United States that was signed in 2003 and implemented in January 2004."

"Today, Chile is one of South America's most stable and prosperous nations[7] and a recognized middle power.[10] It leads Latin American nations in human development, competitiveness, income per capita, globalization, economic freedom, low perception of corruption and state of peace.[11] It also ranks high regionally in freedom of the press and democratic development."
  8. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 06:54
    Health care premiums were increased at double digit levels per year for the prior 10 years even though less people were being covered. Welcome to capitalism.

http://facts.kff.org/chart.aspx?ch=1681
    You mean welcome to the most highly regulated market in the world.
  9. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 12:511 edit
    Health care premiums were increased at double digit levels per year for the prior 10 years even though less people were being covered. Welcome to capitalism.

http://facts.kff.org/chart.aspx?ch=1681
    I did not say that Obama caused the problem (he obviously did not) but the issue of healthcare costs were central to his election and so far the problem has only gotten worse.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 14:13
    Originally posted by spruce112358
    You mean welcome to the most highly regulated market in the world.
    How are you measuring the degree of regulation?
  11. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 14:51
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I thought Obamacare has not taken effect yet?

Anyway, I'm sure you're aware that US health care is the most expensive in the world?
    ya, check the average wait for an MRI in canada, then check the number of actual MRI machines they have VS USA,, I think you'll see why.... yes I get annual MRIs.. also am in a forum with lots of sick people from all over,,
    our care to date is better.......
  12. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 15:02
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    What about the fact that insurers can no longer deny coverage due to preexisting conditions?

What about the fact that young adults can stay covered on their parents' plans until they turn 26?
    Precisely, forcing insurers to cover more people leads to higher premiums. The only way to avoid this, as you know, is to make a mandatory system like Britain's. That way everybody pays the government and the government decides how much to pay for treatment. Did I say everybody, I meant everybody who actually pays taxes. People who don't get to skip the first part of the equation.
  13. Garner, NC
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 15:021 edit
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Do you think rationing doesn't happen in a privatized system?
    So you're acknowledging the government will ration health care, and that not only was Sarah Palin right about the "death panels", but that everyone who called her a lair for bringing this up are themselves liars?
  14. Germany
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 15:08
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    ya, check the average wait for an MRI in canada, then check the number of actual MRI machines they have VS USA,, I think you'll see why.... yes I get annual MRIs.. also am in a forum with lots of sick people from all over,,
    our care to date is better.......
    Better than anywhere in the world? Measured how?
  15. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 15:22
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Better than anywhere in the world? Measured how?
    go to this site for REAL information..... www.patientslikeme.com

there you'll see posts in forums for almost every kind of chronic ailment, from people world wide..... Far too many for me to write about. I have been a member for 5 years.
    I'm not standing on the side lines........
    google up this procedure given to people with MS in the states...CCVSI.
    Then take a look at Canada and see why I'm saying.... very hard to get approved for this in Canada.....
    If I had the time, I'd write a whole paper for you on MS treatments available...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree