1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 09:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    he looks Italian. Id like to see Mrs Obama as president, i think she is a much better and animated public speaker than her husband, more pretty too.
    "i think she is a much better and animated public speaker than her husband, more pretty too."

More animated, maybe. She basically screams her speeches. She exudes anger. That doesn't convince people on the fence, or who disagree. Bill on the other hand, was low key, and could sell iceboxes to Eskimos. Nearly everyone agrees that Bill Clinton was perhaps the best public speaker, closely edging out Ronald Reagan.

The pretty part is a matter of opinion, not relevant, and quite a few females found Bill to be attractive, though disgusting.
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 09:55
    Originally posted by bill718
    Sorry little whodey.... Hillary lead's the field by a pretty big margin. It's going to be every so much fun reading the sniveling, ranting, and whining posts from you and all the other right wingers out there. Who knows, maybe Elizabeth Warren will end up as attorney general, and Rachel Maddow will be Secretary of State (she is a rhodes scholar you know!) As ...[text shortened]... n the Reagan's again, you know, the one with JANE FONDA playing the roll of Nancy Reagan. 😀😀😀
    May I remind you that she was in the same position running against an upstart Senator from Illinois 7 years ago.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 10:122 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    "i think she is a much better and animated public speaker than her husband, more pretty too."

More animated, maybe. She basically screams her speeches. She exudes anger. That doesn't convince people on the fence, or who disagree. Bill on the other hand, was low key, and could sell iceboxes to Eskimos. Nearly everyone agrees that Bill Clinton was p ...[text shortened]... f opinion, not relevant, and quite a few females found Bill to be attractive, though disgusting.
    I don't think you fully understand what I am saying. I stated that Mrs Obama is a better public speaker than her husband, not Mrs Clinton.

Whether everyone agrees or not that Bill Clinton was the best is nothing more than an argumentum ad populum, it must be true because everyone believes it to be true.

The best public speaker to my mind was President Kennedy, his delivery was measured and deliberate, his manner sincere, he gesticulated when necessary although not emphatically enough, used good anecdotal and corroborative evidence and had excellent timing. Reagan was portrayed in the UK as a mindless zombie, although i cannot say if its true or not.

Mr Obama relies on content rather than delivery, his tone is somewhat monotonous and a little subdued and he lacks animation but he has excellent audience participation through the use of rhetorical questions and sometimes humour and knows how to play to the crowd.

How long have you studied public speaking Norm?
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 10:20
    I don't think you fully understand what I am saying. I stated that Mrs Obama is a better public speaker than her husband, not Mrs Clinton.

Whether everyone agrees or not that Bill Clinton was the best is nothing more than an argumentum ad populum, it must be true because everyone believes it to be true.

The best public speaker to my mind w ...[text shortened]... es humour and knows how to play to the crowd.

Sorry, I totally missed the reference to Mrs. Obama, brain locked into the analysis of Mrs. Clinton.

I haven't heard Michelle speak enough and in other than softball situations to evaluate her speech skills.

JFK was a good to adequate public speaker. Obama is OK as long as he stays on track. The monotone comes from reading speeches from teleprompters. His interactions with the audience, make him more animated, but are dangerous for him. Like Biden he gets his foot in his mouth from time to time.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 10:251 edit

The best public speaker to my mind w ...[text shortened]... es humour and knows how to play to the crowd.

"How long have you studied public speaking Norm?"

Since I was 8 years old, in the Ministry School of the local JW Kingdom hall. By 14 or 15, I was delivering Sunday sermons, and won a number of essay and public speaking awards in High School. I've always enjoyed evaluating speakers, outside of whether I agreed with them or not.

Of course, public speaking effectiveness tends to be objective. However convincing the audience and motivating them is the prime objective.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 10:322 edits
    "How long have you studied public speaking Norm?"

Since I was 8 years old, in the Ministry School of the local JW Kingdom hall. By 14 or 15, I was delivering Sunday sermons, and won a number of essay and public speaking awards in High School. I've always enjoyed evaluating speakers, outside of whether I agreed with them or not.

Of course, public s ...[text shortened]... ds to be objective. However convincing the audience and motivating them is the prime objective.
    excellent, but as you are aware, despite having the same knowledge base some public speakers are better than others, some are more natural and more engaging, others take more concentration.

The Queen in the UK is the worst public speaker I have ever heard, honestly, she is even worse than George Bush.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 10:351 edit
    Sorry, I totally missed the reference to Mrs. Obama, brain locked into the analysis of Mrs. Clinton.

I haven't heard Michelle speak enough and in other than softball situations to evaluate her speech skills.

JFK was a good to adequate public speaker. Obama is OK as long as he stays on track. The monotone comes from reading speeches from teleprompt ...[text shortened]... nimated, but are dangerous for him. Like Biden he gets his foot in his mouth from time to time.
    I was unaware that Mr Obama used teleprompters for such an approach will surely curtail extemporaneous delivery and severely effect naturalness and animation
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 16:091 edit
    he looks Italian. Id like to see Mrs Obama as president, i think she is a much better and animated public speaker than her husband, more pretty too.
    Get a room!! 😠

Sicko.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 16:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    Get a room!! 😠

Sicko.
    just cause I fancy Michelle Obama, ahhh its soooo true, I am so busted, shes so cuddly and brainy too!
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 22:30
    just cause I fancy Michelle Obama, ahhh its soooo true, I am so busted, shes so cuddly and brainy too!
    Pure lustful fancy.

Just wait till I tell the Watchtower.....and your wife!!
  11. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 22:36
    Robbie, her buttocks is the size of a garbage can? Pretty in the face maybe?
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 04:02
    His anaconda don't want none unless she got buns hun
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 08:563 edits
    Pure lustful fancy.

Just wait till I tell the Watchtower.....and your wife!!
    you just soooo jealous, why don't you come out loud and proud and say you fancy Hillary? a woman like that would make a man of you Whoders! You could both bitch about Obama well into the wee hours of the morning! You have so much in common.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 08:59
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Robbie, her buttocks is the size of a garbage can? Pretty in the face maybe?
    couldn't say i have noticed, but i think she is pretty and brainy too!
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 22:14
    Well let's see, Hillary and Biden.

Pffthahahahaha!!

No really, let's just skip the whole song and dance and talk about Hillary.
    Actually, I think a Clinton/Warren ticket would be exciting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree