1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 03:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    excellent, but as you are aware, despite having the same knowledge base some public speakers are better than others, some are more natural and more engaging, others take more concentration.

The Queen in the UK is the worst public speaker I have ever heard, honestly, she is even worse than George Bush.
    The objective of public speaking varies with the audience. For primary Presidential candidates, the audience is generally friendly, agreeing on the basics with the various candidates. Facing such generally friendly audiences, the wannabe candidate is seeking to be better friends with fellow travellers. The screaming banshee style of Mrs. Clinton doesn't do this well.

Even in the general campaign, the idea of speeches is to peal off those of the opposition who are wavering. The people who may be excited by the screaming attack speeches are on your side already. This gets tricky, because you still have to keep them excited and motivated, but winning is going to require catching some people in the center or undecideds.

We've already seen Mrs. Clinton isn't good at doing any of this with her previous primary campaign. Of course she could have learned.

Besides her poor campaigning skills, Benghazi will harm her, just another of many negatives she has collected, without much in the way of positives.
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 03:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Actually, I think a Clinton/Warren ticket would be exciting.
    Hillary and Elizabeth Warren both hold great appeal for pure liberals and progressives. Neither has much of any resume as an administrator.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 17:46
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Hillary and Elizabeth Warren both hold great appeal for pure liberals and progressives. Neither has much of any resume as an administrator.
    Hillary could win even with Biden. She has royal blood.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 20:111 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    kissy kissy whodey! who loves Hillary!
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 21:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    The operative word is "could". Is it likely? I don't think so.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree