1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 May '21 08:01
    @athousandyoung said
    This is how you described Anglo-Americans:

[Anglo Americans started] a society separate from the peoples who [were] already here. [Killed] them off, [brought] diseases. [They plundered them]. This is serious. Like, [did] they know what trespass is?
    You do realise you could swap ‘Anglo’ for ‘Spanish’ or ‘Portuguese’ in that description.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 May '21 08:33

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    12 May '21 13:57
    @no1marauder said
    Would this surprise you:
    "48 percent of immigrants who entered the country between 2014 and 2019 held bachelor’s degrees or higher, compared to 33 percent of the U.S.-born and overall immigrant populations."
    Let me fix that ridiculous claim:
    "48 percent of LEGAL immigrants entering the country had bachelor's degrees."
    Pretty sure illegal immigrants barely had grade school educations, if that.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 May '21 15:12
    @dood111 said
    Let me fix that ridiculous claim:
    "48 percent of LEGAL immigrants entering the country had bachelor's degrees."
    Pretty sure illegal immigrants barely had grade school educations, if that.
    Perhaps if your colleague learned how to frame a question there would be no confusion, no mention of illegal immigration as far I can see.
    But I bet your utterly wrong in your sweeping statement regarding illegal immigrants too.
    Most studies would probably show that it is the best educated and motivated individuals that migrate, legally and illegally.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    12 May '21 15:162 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    You do realise you could swap ‘Anglo’ for ‘Spanish’ or ‘Portuguese’ in that description.
    How do you explain the differing demographics in the Anglo and Latin American countries? Why are the Anglo countries so much whiter? Why are there Indian reservations in the USA but not Mexico? I explain it by saying that obviously there were differences in how the Anglo and Latin imperialists abused the indigenous people but you don’t seem to agree so what is your explanation?

The reservations exist because the Anglos started a society SEPARATE from what was already here while the Hispanics conquered the society that was already here.
  6. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    12 May '21 15:292 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    Most studies would probably show that it is the best educated and motivated individuals that migrate, legally and illegally.
    Yeah I'm sure the 170,000 people stopped at the border last month were college grads.
    You are just making stuff up with that stupid claim that "most studies" would "probably show most illegal immigrants" to be among the best educated....
    What an ignorant thing to say.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    12 May '21 15:41
    @athousandyoung said
    How do you explain the differing demographics in the Anglo and Latin American countries? Why are the Anglo countries so much whiter? Why are there Indian reservations in the USA but not Mexico? I explain it by saying that obviously there were differences in how the Anglo and Latin imperialists abused the indigenous people but you don’t seem to agree so what is your exp ...[text shortened]... SEPARATE from what was already here while the Hispanics conquered the society that was already here.
    It’s Culture. How could the easterners wagon-training the Oregon Trail be expected to adopt Indian culture? Or vice-versa?
    Culture.
    Not race.

Actually, the logical result should have been that the easterners should have acclimated to Indian life. It was Indian country. But the Indians were not fast enough to establish their dominance, their country. Today’s America gets to do that, so it follows that the SAmericans MUST acclimate to our culture. Pretty simple stuff.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    12 May '21 15:56
    @averagejoe1 said
    It’s Culture. How could the easterners wagon-training the Oregon Trail be expected to adopt Indian culture? Or vice-versa?
    Culture.
    Not race.

Actually, the logical result should have been that the easterners should have acclimated to Indian life. It was Indian country. But the Indians were not fast enough to establish their dominance, their country. Today’ ...[text shortened]... ts to do that, so it follows that the SAmericans MUST acclimate to our culture. Pretty simple stuff.
    Might makes right huh?

What if they don't assimilate?
  9. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    12 May '21 17:08
    @athousandyoung said
    Might makes right huh?

What if they don't assimilate?
    Did you grow up in Care Bear Land or Candy Cane Lane?
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    12 May '21 17:284 edits
    @dood111 said
    Did you grow up in Care Bear Land or Candy Cane Lane?
    No I grew up in La Ciudad de Nuestra Señora, Reina de Los Angeles del Rio Porciuncula en Alta California.

Same place you grew up.

I grew up with a father who employed mestizo immigrants who didn’t speak English. I went to school with los Avenues and I have a cousin in 18th St. He’s been in prison for the last 30 years. I used to work in Pico-Union, the neighborhood that gave birth to Mara Salvatrucha 13.

YouTube : Jackson Browne Lawless Avenue...

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/07/07/u-s-hispanic-population-surpassed-60-million-in-2019-but-growth-has-slowed/
  11. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    12 May '21 17:39
    @athousandyoung said
    No I grew up in La Ciudad de Nuestra Señora, Reina de Los Angeles del Rio Porciuncula en Alta California.

Same place you grew up.
    And still you whine about the Native Americans being taken over by Europeans here 500 years ago, like they wouldn't have done the same thing.
    For that matter, the Amerindians were always trying to take over the tribe over the next hill. Their history is one of warfare, torture, and making slaves out of whoever they conquered.
    Don't even get started on how they treated their women. Their cultures were vicious violent and going nowhere.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    12 May '21 18:151 edit
    @dood111 said
    And still you whine about the Native Americans being taken over by Europeans here 500 years ago, like they wouldn't have done the same thing.
    For that matter, the Amerindians were always trying to take over the tribe over the next hill. Their history is one of warfare, torture, and making slaves out of whoever they conquered.
    Don't even get started on how they treated their women. Their cultures were vicious violent and going nowhere.
    I criticize the Anglos for their policy of extermination and replacement. That's not something everyone does everywhere.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/04/30/how-american-racism-influenced-hitler

in “Mein Kampf,” Hitler praises America as the one state that has made progress toward a primarily racial conception of citizenship, by “excluding certain races from naturalization.”
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 May '21 19:32
    @dood111 said
    Yeah I'm sure the 170,000 people stopped at the border last month were college grads.
    You are just making stuff up with that stupid claim that "most studies" would "probably show most illegal immigrants" to be among the best educated....
    What an ignorant thing to say.
    And saying, "They're rapists" is NOT ignorant?
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    12 May '21 20:02
    @kevcvs57 said
    Every parent should warn their kids about the average joes in the world, it should also be mandatory in education as part of the political science curriculum.
    Or maybe on a map they could print the legend “Here be Idiots”.
    They should teach what I said. That, a future employer, like AvJoe, would not hire a person who has a background of collecting unemployment and, worse, pukey govt handouts. What kind of employee, what kind of man, would do that.
    It is no different than teaching a teenager that everything he puts on Facebook will follow him forever.
    I am correct, but you fellers do anything you can to pick a fight.
  15. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    12 May '21 21:38
    @suzianne said
    And saying, "They're rapists" is NOT ignorant?
    Oh God at least tery to keep with what's being discussed WTF does your question have to do with anything?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree