HR3962

HR3962

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
25 Oct 13

Originally posted by whodey
The warning is specific. Don't take it in the right hand or forehead.
The message is that the image is a picture of the Beast's right hand or the Beast's forehead.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
25 Oct 13

Originally posted by moon1969
I thought the mark was suppose to be on your forehead.
Ok, the arguments are made and legitimate that implanted chips aren't necessary now. Also, lot of arguments regarding the lack of privacy, and the amount of data, and our current trackablity.

So, is anyone concerned with the direction of things? Is anyone concerned that not only the government, but the grocery store, drug store and auto parts shop all keep data bases on what you buy, and how often?

Houston, Texas

Moves
25 Oct 13

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
The message is that the image is a picture of the Beast's right hand or the Beast's forehead.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the right hand.

Houston, Texas

Moves
25 Oct 13
8 edits

Originally posted by normbenign
Ok, the arguments are made and legitimate that implanted chips aren't necessary now. Also, lot of arguments regarding the lack of privacy, and the amount of data, and our current trackablity.

So, is anyone concerned with the direction of things? Is anyone concerned that not only the government, but the grocery store, drug store and auto parts shop all keep data bases on what you buy, and how often?
Yeah, definitely some unease. And the social security number nails you for sure. I think about the old days when you could make a mistake, and pick up and move to the next town (for sure the next State) and start over with no baggage. Not now. Even in my lifetime, the social security number didn't mean much except for a record of your income and taxes. It wasn't used for anything else.

I have the identical name as my Dad (I am a III and my Dad is a Jr and grandfather the Sr). When I was a young adult on my own, the utility company, the phone company, the university, etc. were always thinking I was my Dad. Always confusion.

That confusion all stopped when entities started to nail me with my social security number. Then, for a while there, it didn't really matter my exact name but more my number -- my SS number.

More recently, there seems to be some push to deemphasize SS number, but not really, though there is more emphasis on precise name spelling and IDs -- with banks, flying on airplanes, security, etc. Also, more reliance on phone number and email in certain cases such as with TV cable/internet service. But in the back of it all -- they have your social security number.

I don't want to sound trite or melodramatic, but it is almost as if you don't exist without your SS number. They give it to you at birth now. I got mine at age 15 when I got my first job that required it. I lost my SS card at age 15 right after I received it, and have never replaced it. Though, there are reasons for me to get one.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
25 Oct 13

Originally posted by moon1969
Yeah, definitely some unease. And the social security number nails you for sure. I think about the old days when you could make a mistake, and pick up and move to the next town (for sure the next State) and start over with no baggage. Not now.

Even in my lifetime, the social security number didn't mean much except for a record of your income and taxe ...[text shortened]... eplaced it, went 35 years so far without a SS card. Though, there are reasons for me to get one.
The US Code prohibits use of the SS number as ID.
http://www.ssa.gov/history/ssn/ssnchron.html

It is a brave new world, but I don't believe we have to cooperate. I refuse to give my SS #, if possible, and stop doing business with stores that require I carry a card to receive discounts. I disable the GPS on my phone if I am not using it. Same with data networks, both mobile and WiFi.

We don't have to surrender.