1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 19:01
    Cable TV is 99% garbage. The only thing I watch is an occasional Notre Dame football game (which was pretty depressing last week!) I'm thinking of disconnecting and going with either Hulu or Netflix. Any ideas which is better?
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 19:33
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Cable TV is 99% garbage. The only thing I watch is an occasional Notre Dame football game (which was pretty depressing last week!) I'm thinking of disconnecting and going with either Hulu or Netflix. Any ideas which is better?
    I like several Netflix original series.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 19:55
    https://www.pcmag.com/article/348989/netflix-vs-hulu-streaming-service-showdown
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 19:55
    I haven't had cable in years, and only had paid subscriptions to those two service. I currently stream through Roku, so I can watch those shows on TV.

Hulu was far superior for a while, because they offered TV shows, while Netflix offered movies. Then, Hulu started offering movies, and I nearly cancelled Netflix. Netflix then upped their game, and started offering TV shows as well. Both now offer their own original shows as well.

For a while, I would've recommended having Hulu over Netflix. But now, Netflix currently has the advantage of offering more specials. For example, if you like stand-up comedy like from Dave Chappelle, they would be on Netflix. And recently, Hulu made an absolutely awful choice to their interface, and made it quite unsightly and confusing. They had a vastly more efficient layout before.

So if you absolutely have to pick only one, I'd recommend Netflix. If you prefer TV shows to movies, I'd go with Hulu. But, I have those services for only 7 bucks each, so I think having both would be most ideal.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 20:03
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Why not get Hulaflix?
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 20:05
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Why not get Hulaflix?
    Or Netlu.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 20:18
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Or Netlu.
    Or Hulix
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 00:06
    Originally posted by @sh76
    I like several Netflix original series.
    Oh. The L word. I like! It's so analytical. Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you. 😀
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 01:11
    Netflix and mchill.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree