1. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 20:00
    I keep hearing that the reason why republicans and democrats have such different world views is they are in media baubles in which they hear and believe different 'truth's.
    I don't buy this because every time I actually question a republican about what they believe they very quickly demonstrate they don't actually believe all the nonsense they put out.
    Am I mistaken? Are there any republicans that genuinely believe the whole republican message? Is there anyone willing to prove they believe it through honest discussion?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 20:16
    Honest discussion with a libtard is not possible. That's because libtards do not have an honest discussion only discussion where their beliefs are assumed to be true.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 05:01
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Honest discussion with a libtard is not possible. That's because libtards do not have an honest discussion only discussion where their beliefs are assumed to be true.
    And a civil discussion is not possible with someone like you, since you insist of name calling, and stereotyping people.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 06:06

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 06:08
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I keep hearing that the reason why republicans and democrats have such different world views is they are in media baubles in which they hear and believe different 'truth's.
    I don't buy this because every time I actually question a republican about what they believe they very quickly demonstrate they don't actually believe all the nonsense they put out.
    ...[text shortened]... republican message? Is there anyone willing to prove they believe it through honest discussion?
    Perhaps you could sum up these republican view points.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 14:09
    Originally posted by mchill
    And a civil discussion is not possible with someone like you, since you insist of name calling, and stereotyping people.
    Yeah you are right. That's the ticket
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 14:12
    ...[text shortened]... republican message? Is there anyone willing to prove they believe it through honest discussion?
    That's a mixed bag of unanswerable questions.
    I don't know of a single person anywhere in the country who wouldn't line item veto a healthy portion of their respective group's program--- including the people who are responsible for said program.
    In politics, it has always been, and will always be, about compromise.
    That's both the blessing and the curse.
    No one can say with objective certainty they subscribe to strict Constitutionalism, as the Constitution itself is clearly open to all manner of interpretation.
    So we compromise, forever re-balancing the act.
    One European all-things-America-hater opined that Europe had long ago resolved their issues while we've been wrestling with for four decades, which is only partially true.
    Not only are certain juries still out on topics with which we are attempting to figure out, each of the countries--- as well as the continent as a whole--- have their respective devils to deal with as well.
    How do they do it?
    Certainly not as elegantly and artfully as suggested, and certainly not without contention.

Short story: you won't find anyone who buys the whole program from any viewpoint.
    Ever.
  8. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 14:46
    I actually think both are true. It's hard to is imagine that any thinking person agrees with l party everything that a political party wants. No one sees the world exactly the same. But I'd believe when you only hear certain voices you tend to look at the world a certain way.
  9. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 15:28
    Trump is an unknown as a politician. We will see what the future brings. Will he keep his promises? As Ronald Reagan said about the Ruskies disarming, trust but verify. Make sure he gets a fair chance to take the reigns and move forward. He might surprise you. The media bubble does exist. You have the internet on one hand and the television/news papers on the other. Mainstream media puts out what they are told to. Many internet sources say it like it is. That is why Obama handed over the internet to the UN. They can not afford to have truth come out to the masses if they intent to control them.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Nov '16 08:451 edit
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Trump is an unknown as a politician. We will see what the future brings. Will he keep his promises? As Ronald Reagan said about the Ruskies disarming, trust but verify. Make sure he gets a fair chance to take the reigns and move forward.
    This is the sort of obvious lying I was talking about. You can't possibly actually believe that. You can't honestly claim that Trump is an unknown. He is one of the best known characters there is. People do not change.
    We don't know what the future will bring, and we don't know exactly what Trump will do, whether he will honour his promises etc, but to claim he is an unknown is just nonsensical and not 'media bubble' driven.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree