I found another Bernie Sanders voter

I found another Bernie Sanders voter

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
23 Dec 15

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Tell us all about your experience with "today (sic) universities."
Today is a correct spelling, only the comma is left out, smarty pants.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
23 Dec 15

Originally posted by normbenign
Today is a correct spelling, only the comma is left out, smarty pants.
Ah - so you spotted the error then: the one which made nonsense of the sentence in question. Well done, you.

Planet Rain

Moves
24 Dec 15

While I very much like Bernie's idea to make college free for all in the US, it should be pointed out that European universities are generally more selective. In Europe it is not expected that everyone go to university, and certainly many don't have a desire to go. Instead there's an alternative route to launching a career: learning a trade under the auspices of an apprenticeship program. That's what the US should emulate: a free (or at least cheap) college or university education for those qualified students who desire one, and a robust apprenticeship system rather like Germany has for those keen on learning a trade.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
24 Dec 15

Originally posted by Soothfast
While I very much like Bernie's idea to make college free for all in the US, it should be pointed out that European universities are generally more selective. In Europe it is not expected that everyone go to university, and certainly many don't have a desire to go. Instead there's an alternative route to launching a career: learning a trade under the au ...[text shortened]... , and a robust apprenticeship system rather like Germany has for those keen on learning a trade.
That would make too much sense, but in many cases, community colleges already serve a similar purpose, offering the student a chance to gravitate in either direction, job training, or preparation for University pursuit. Where I went, you were tested and advised, but still could go either way. Many younger students out of local high schools needed remedial classes in order to proceed with either course work.

The European attitude is perhaps the key. Here, parents tend to be offended if they are told their child isn't college material, even though their report cards ought to have told them that a long time ago.