1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 00:51
    “I pledge to be of service to Barack Obama”
    By Michelle Malkin • September 2, 2009 01:05 PM

As if I needed any more evidence to bolster today’s column about the Obama junior lobbyist campaign in America’s schools, here’s another item fresh from the headlines in Utah:
    A school principal has apologized for showing a video at an assembly that a politically conservative group leader is calling “radical, leftist propaganda.”
    Children at Eagle Bay Elementary School in Farmington were shown a short video called “I pledge” on Aug. 28. The video opens with an image of President Barack Obama and part of a speech in which he says, “Let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves but each other.” The video then features celebrities making pledges about how they will help the president and the world — and that’s where some say the problem lies…
    … Gayle Ruzicka, president of conservative Utah Eagle Forum, said the video was blatantly political. She said other offensive pledges included, “I pledge to be of service to Barack Obama,” “I pledge allegiance to the funk, to the united funk of funkadelica,” and pledges to not use plastic grocery bags and not flush the toilet after urinating.
    “It’s very inappropriate to show a radical, leftist propaganda piece that political to children,” Ruzicka said. “If parents want their children to learn about those things and do them in the home, wonderful, fine, but it’s not the place of the school to show a one-sided propaganda piece to children without parents knowing about it.”
    Cieslewicz said such values should be decided in the home, not at school.

The "inspirational" video can be viewed here:

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/09/02/i-pledge-to-be-of-service-to-barack-obama/

This has been showed in elementary school.Thats roughly ages 5yrs-10 yr olds.
  2. Cosmos
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 02:14
    Originally posted by utherpendragon

As if I needed any more evidence to bolster today’s column about the Obama junior lobbyist campaign in America’s schools, here’s another item fresh from the headlines in Utah:
    A school principal has apologized for showing a video at an assembly that a po ...[text shortened]... barack-obama/

Good, at least the kids are not going to grow up to be irresponsible, Republican morons like some people around here.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 02:17
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Good, at least the kids are not going to grow up to be irresponsible, Republican morons like some people around here.
    Responsibilty is the flip side of the same 'freedom' coin Howie, nice one, you're on to it.
  4. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 03:10
    An atheist calling people "morons"
    How ironic.
  5. Cosmos
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 08:09
    An atheist calling people "morons"
    How ironic.
    Yeah, because all those atheist scientists are an uneducated bunch aren't they?
  6. cube# 6484
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 12:19
    Yeah, because all those atheist scientists are an uneducated bunch aren't they?
    "all those atheist scientists..." hmm--funny, if not absurdly vague.
  7. cube# 6484
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 12:24
    what would the left say if children had been shown a pledge saying "I pledge allegiance to the Bush"? They would of had a big problem with that...although the female liberals may have endorsed such a pledge.
  8. cube# 6484
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 12:31
    I actually like the video, what exactly is wrong with it? It's the morons on the right that give us all a bad name--as if we are also not for the ideas/pledges in the video.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 12:36
    Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
    "all those atheist scientists..." hmm--funny, if not absurdly vague.
    Scientists are disproportionally often atheists, but this is not relevant for the current debate.
  10. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 12:54
    Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
    I actually like the video, what exactly is wrong with it? It's the morons on the right that give us all a bad name--as if we are also not for the ideas/pledges in the video.
    "I pledge to be of service to Barack Obama,”

You do not find that statement a bit alarming?
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 13:011 edit

A school principal has apologized for showing a video at an assembly that a po barack-obama/

“Let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves but each other."

if this is what amounts to "major left wing propaganda", those leftists are a tepid breed indeed

“I pledge to be of service to Barack Obama,” “I pledge allegiance to the funk, to the united funk of funkadelica,” and pledges to not use plastic grocery bags and not flush the toilet after urinating.

So the Big Scary Radical Leftist Agenda is:

You are urged (but not required to)
    1. Use Paper, not Plastic
    2. Don't Flush after Urinating
    3. Buy a George Clinton album

Run for the Hills!!!
  12. cube# 6484
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 13:03
    "I pledge to be of service to Barack Obama,”

You do not find that statement a bit alarming?
    Well that was said by the same knucklehead that said "i pledge allegiance to the funk...", i kinda throw out his parts of the video, but besides, Obama is the president--so I don't have a problem pledging allegiance/service to our president. If we want our country to be a better place we should all want our children growing up in a culture that promotes support of our president. It would be different if he were just running for president or something, but he is our president, thus he should be supported. Would it of sounded better if the video had said "I pledge to be of service to the president of the United States"? Probably, but it's really the same thing--they just used his name.
  13. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 13:13
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    [b]“Let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves but each other."

if this is what amounts to "major left wing propaganda", those leftists are a tepid breed indeed

“I pledge to be of service to Barack Obama,” “I pledge allegiance to the funk ...[text shortened]... astic

Run for the Hills!!!
    You are urged (but not required to)

The point is, "you" are not urged to,but our elementary school children are. This video is not for adults. Its directed at impresionable children.
    Thats not what my tax payer dollars for schools is to be used for,"indoctrinating" Americas children.Creating little eco warriors for the next generation.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 13:25
    Is there funk after death? I say, Is Seven Up? Yeah.
  15. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 13:361 edit
    [b]You are urged (but not required to)

The point is, "you" are not urged to,but our elementary school children are. This video is not for adults. Its directed at impresionable children.
    Thats not what my tax payer dollars for schools is to be used for,"indoctrinating" Americas children.Creating little eco warriors for the next generation.[/b]
    so if all children were somehow being hypotized and were to do all of these things

what horrible thing would result?

I suppose we could get into a debate over whether we should cut down more trees to reduce the amount of non-biodegradable waste - but I'll leave that one to the environmentalists to sort out.

I suppose we could get into a debate over whether the effort to save water is worth having to tolerate a stinky bathroom

And we could probably have a very long and extensive discussion on whether Funk is the best type of music, but that would belong in the Culture Forum.

But there's little reason to fear. I suspect that those elementary school children will all be attending to more pressing matters like using the Obama-time to finish the homework assignment they forgot do the night before.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree