I PLEDGE.....

I PLEDGE.....

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
03 Sep 09

Originally posted by utherpendragon
Thats not what my tax payer dollars for schools is to be used for,"indoctrinating" Americas children.Creating little eco warriors for the next generation.
Isn't creating "little eco warriors for the next generation" a fundamentally virtuous, bi-partisan, 'good citizen' thing? What's the wedge here? What's your vision, in its place?

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
03 Sep 09

Gotta laugh at the thought of some Obama propaganda (cause that's what it is) being considered radical leftism.

Ahahahahahahahahah

g

Pepperland

Moves
03 Sep 09

“I pledge to be of service to Barack Obama”
By Michelle Malkin • September 2, 2009 01:05 PM

As if I needed any more evidence to bolster today’s column about the Obama junior lobbyist campaign in America’s schools, here’s another item fresh from the headlines in Utah:
A school principal has apologized for showing a video at an assembly that a po ...[text shortened]... barack-obama/

This has been showed in elementary school.Thats roughly ages 5yrs-10 yr olds.
another desperate attack, from the sore losers.

You should be happy that America has finally engaged in a true progressive revolution, whose goals shall be achieved by any means necessary.

Its time for you to stop resisting, free yourself from the shackles of capitalism, and finally join the revolution as well, comrade utherpendragon.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
03 Sep 09

An atheist calling people "morons"
How ironic.
Atheists are statistically smarter than religious people. Your post is itself ironic 😵

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
03 Sep 09

Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
what would the left say if children had been shown a pledge saying "I pledge allegiance to the Bush"? They would of had a big problem with that...although the female liberals may have endorsed such a pledge.
How about "I pledge allegience to the President"?

Hy-Brasil

Moves
03 Sep 09
1 edit

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
How about to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

M

Moves
03 Sep 09
1 edit

How about to the [b]UNITED STATES OF AMERICA[/b]
Most people pledge allegiance to their own self-interest and tell Uncle Sam to keep as far away from them as possible -- until, of course, they need some help 😀

Hy-Brasil

Moves
03 Sep 09

Originally posted by Melanerpes
Most people pledge allegiance to their own self-interest and tell Uncle Sam to keep as far away from them as possible -- until, of course, they need some help 😀
Speak for yourself,not"most people".

M

Moves
03 Sep 09

Speak for yourself,not"most people".
I do have the utmost respect for every person serving in the armed forces. They are truly pledging allegiance to their country. As for the rest of us...

It just seems to be the way it works in politics -- people are all for the idea of "less government" as long as it only involves "other people's programs" - but if it's their own ox getting gored, different story. You disagree?

d

Moves
03 Sep 09

Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
Well that was said by the same knucklehead that said "i pledge allegiance to the funk...", i kinda throw out his parts of the video, but besides, Obama is the president--so I don't have a problem pledging allegiance/service to our president. If we want our country to be a better place we should all want our children growing up in a culture that prom ...[text shortened]... of the United States"? Probably, but it's really the same thing--they just used his name.
Would you pledge allegiance Hitler?

h

Cosmos

Moves
04 Sep 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
another desperate attack, from the sore losers.

You should be happy that America has finally engaged in a true progressive revolution, whose goals shall be achieved by any means necessary.

Its time for you to stop resisting, free yourself from the shackles of capitalism, and finally join the revolution as well, comrade utherpendragon.
Is this your attempt at sarcasm?

Good effort GeneralIdiot. (That was how to do sarcasm).

jb

Moves
04 Sep 09

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I always respect the position a president has but I don't fancy pledging allegiance to a man puppet of the global elite. In the US we do not have to have allegiance to an individual and the fact that there are elections proves it. The main thing is that the constitution is protected and enforced. Neither party is willing to do so and I do not consider Republicans or Democrats as honorable oath keepers. There are good folks in each party but the parties themselves are vile to the one world core.

g

Pepperland

Moves
04 Sep 09

Originally posted by howardgee
Is this your attempt at sarcasm?

Good effort GeneralIdiot. (That was how to do sarcasm).
an amateur like you would never understand the art of sarcasm.

btw, when the revolution happens, the likes of you will be the first to be executed.

g

Pepperland

Moves
04 Sep 09

Originally posted by joe beyser
I always respect the position a president has but I don't fancy pledging allegiance to a man puppet of the global elite. In the US we do not have to have allegiance to an individual and the fact that there are elections proves it. The main thing is that the constitution is protected and enforced. Neither party is willing to do so and I do not consider Rep ...[text shortened]... . There are good folks in each party but the parties themselves are vile to the one world core.
how un-american of you.

the president is your fuhrer, I mean, leader, and you shouldn't question him, if he thinks people should pledge allegiance to him then so be it.

M

Moves
04 Sep 09
1 edit

Originally posted by generalissimo
how un-american of you.

the president is your fuhrer, I mean, leader, and you shouldn't question him, if he thinks people should pledge allegiance to him then so be it.
When people say they pledge allegiance to the US, does that mean they're saying they will never question anything done by Americans, or anything occurring within the US? Does it mean they are worshipping their nation?

I think that after everyone has been saying the "Pledge of Allegiance" countless numbers of time, the word "allegiance" has become one of those rote over-used terms that has had all of it's original meaning sucked out of it. I guess it now means having a certain kind of vague "honor or respect" - the sort of thing that most people do when they pledge allegiance to the "flag".