Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 07:431 edit
    @shavixmir said
    Interesting. Daszak contradicts the experience of others in the research team.

One really should stick one’s nose into that.
    Alas. Time is not on my side.

I’ll abide and see what happens.
    In fact, I read another article where another scientist agreed with Peter Daszak.
    It's wrong to claim that Peter Daszak's views are unique among the WHO visitors.

Given that the US government in particular has a mission of demonizing China,
    the US media will quote scientists who bash China and prefer to ignore those who don't.
    It's easy for a scientist to say what one knows one's political master wants to hear.

Richard Horton (the editor of 'The Lancet' ) has been attacked for daring to make
    many comments praising China's general response to Covid-19.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 07:49
    @duchess64 said
    In fact, I read another article where another scientist agreed with Peter Daszak.
    It's wrong to claim that Peter Daszak's views are unique among the WHO visitors.

Given that the US government in particular has a mission of demonizing China,
    the US media will quote scientists who bash China and prefer to ignore those who don't.
    It's easy for a scientist to say what one ...[text shortened]... ) has been attacked for daring to make
    many comments praising China's general response to Covid-19.
    I get my information on this matter from Dutch media sources.