1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 May '22 21:02
    @Wajoma
    You and millions of other freedom fighters are the reason there are 1 MILLION deaths from Covid in the US now. Hope you are happy.
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    19 May '22 23:051 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Wajoma
    You and millions of other freedom fighters are the reason there are 1 MILLION deaths from Covid in the US now. Hope you are happy.
    Your state worshiping hype has failed, it's mostly the juiced up mask zombies that are catching it and assing it along.

No, I'm not happy. Not happy that the goobermint exaggerated the danger so they could trample rights (It is their MO) and that there were so many sonhouse sheep that bent over and got rammed, it can never happen again.

In NZ the sheep factor is disappointingly high and there are brave people still mandated out of their (for some) life long careers in teaching and healthcare. And there are still mask zombies playing with their virus farm, lifting it up and down, taking it off and on, laying it on the table in the cafe, out walking the dog in the park with their stupid virtue signalling rag on their face.

For nothing, other than power trippers getting their jollies pushing their fellow citizens around.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 May '22 10:42
    @wajoma said
    Claiming all people think a certain way based on their race = racist. (zahlooney)
    Claiming all people think a certain way based on their sex = sexist (suzi)
    It’s not about groupthink though is it it’s about one section of society restricting / barring access to something they will never need.
    Are you going to pretend this isn’t about predominantly male lawmakers prohibiting the fertility choices of exclusively women.
    How do you think this would go if the US held a referendum on it and only allowed those affected, namely women, to take part in it.
    Personally I think the pro choice side would win hands down even if men were allowed to take part and the polls support that belief.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 14:37
    @wajoma said
    Your state worshiping hype has failed, it's mostly the juiced up mask zombies that are catching it and assing it along.

No, I'm not happy. Not happy that the goobermint exaggerated the danger so they could trample rights (It is their MO) and that there were so many sonhouse sheep that bent over and got rammed, it can never happen again.

In NZ the sheep factor is disapp ...[text shortened]...
    For nothing, other than power trippers getting their jollies pushing their fellow citizens around.
    The Cliché Man.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 14:39
    @sh76 said
    I love these "if men got pregnant" chestnuts.

Throughout history, men have borne the brunt of war, individual combat, the vast majority of hard physical labor and virtually all pain and physical labor intensive activities except for childbirth. Yet all these burdens are eased only by the advent of new technologies (which have also decreased the dangers and discomforts of chil ...[text shortened]... and women have hardships, but the idea that women's hardships are inherently so much worse is silly.
    Oh, yeah. Men are the real victims here. Right.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 14:49
    @sh76 said
    Fair points. Child bearing was certainly a severe hardship through history, though much less so today.

There's still, of course, zero evidence for all these half-jokes half-taunts that men are coddled while women's struggles are ignored.
    Your tune would change were you a woman and could see what we're seeing.

It's like all these men in this forum complaining when someone posts about "International Women's Day", asking "When is Men's Day?" Every day is Men's Day. One day in our shoes. That's all I would like to see.

Just like if racists were able to spend one day as a black person. Then they would know exactly what "systemic racism" meant. And what "white privilege" actually meant.
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 May '22 16:49
    @suzianne said
    Your tune would change were you a woman and could see what we're seeing.

It's like all these men in this forum complaining when someone posts about "International Women's Day", asking "When is Men's Day?" Every day is Men's Day. One day in our shoes. That's all I would like to see.

Just like if racists were able to spend one day as a black person. Then they would know exactly what "systemic racism" meant. And what "white privilege" actually meant.
    I don't know. There's no way to prove or disprove that, but I have my doubts.

Of course you're right that you can't really understand someone's point of view until you're in their shoes, but I have to say, my wife and daughters and mother and neighbors just don't seem like they're so oppressed. Nor do they think they're oppressed. Is it one mass case of Stockholm Syndrome?

Frankly, when I look around my family and neighborhood, the women seem happier than the men. And they kind of run the show on a day to day basis in terms of home life and on-the-ground reality, even if Elon Musks of the world seem to all be men.

I'm not belittling your experience. Maybe you've been oppressed by misogyny. I have no way of knowing one way or the other. But I don't see it in my reality.
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    22 May '22 16:59
    @suzianne said
    If men got pregnant, abortion would be legal everywhere
    The concept of women deciding when, whether and how to have children, is still a threat to the status quo.

By Laurie Penny

The New Statesman, UK edition
    02 Dec 2015 <--- Yes!

The seahorse is a fascinating creature. Aside from being evidence that whatever god of creation may have existed was on ...[text shortened]... versation. The fact that we still are shows how far we’ve got to go before equality becomes reality.
    If men got pregnant we would have abortion clinics on every corner in the US .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree