Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 25 Mar '14 10:42
    What should the movie title be?

    "Chicago"

    "Apacolypse Now"

    "Liar, liar"

    "Broke back country"
  2. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    25 Mar '14 10:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    What should the movie title be?

    "Chicago"

    "Apacolypse Now"

    "Liar, liar"

    "Broke back country"
    The Lying Game
  3. 25 Mar '14 11:01
    "The Jerk"

    "Silence of the Lambs"
  4. 25 Mar '14 11:13
    it so funny to me that here on this site obama appears to be the most hated president in american history.


    bush was a dumbass that had a role in starting two costly wars for america
    nixon (enough said)
    jefferson owned slaves.
    hoover was president during the great depression.
    eisenhower supported mccarthyism.
    carter proved to be kind of incompetent during the iran hostage crisis.


    obama did what exactly, remotely similar? did he blatantly lied? did he fail to live up to a godlike figure we set up for him?

    why exactly do some zealots on this site vilify him so much?
    on second thought, maybe there is the answer: we take the loud voices of a few outspoken individuals and we assume that is the most common opinion.
  5. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    25 Mar '14 11:50
    Superbad
  6. 25 Mar '14 23:36 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    it so funny to me that here on this site obama appears to be the most hated president in american history.


    bush was a dumbass that had a role in starting two costly wars for america
    nixon (enough said)
    jefferson owned slaves.
    hoover was president during the great depression.
    eisenhower supported mccarthyism.
    carter proved to be kind of incompete ...[text shortened]... ke the loud voices of a few outspoken individuals and we assume that is the most common opinion.
    Take the last two president in the modern era you bring up. Here we have a president that condemned Bush for his wars abroad, and promised to bring them home ASAP. Not only did he not do it, he started another war in Libya and continued the ones he once condemned. As for Nixon, Obama now does legally what Nixon did illegally, which is have access to peoples personal information via the NSA. Back then presidents get impeached for this sort of behavior, but today they get Nobel Peace prizes.

    For me, it's not so much a hatred for Obama as it is for the system that progressively is getting more corrupt and powerful. The way things look now, we will probably look back in 10 years and think that the level of corruption and hypocrisy and lying is tame, but for now it is perhaps the worst it has ever been in US history.

    Now if you will excuse me, time for more movie titles.

    "Manchurian Candidate"

    "The Matrix"
  7. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    26 Mar '14 00:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    What should the movie title be?

    "Chicago"

    "Apacolypse Now"

    "Liar, liar"

    "Broke back country"
    Coming to America!

    And

    !O!
  8. 26 Mar '14 09:54
    Originally posted by whodey
    Take the last two president in the modern era you bring up. Here we have a president that condemned Bush for his wars abroad, and promised to bring them home ASAP. Not only did he not do it, he started another war in Libya and continued the ones he once condemned. As for Nixon, Obama now does legally what Nixon did illegally, which is have access to people ...[text shortened]... Now if you will excuse me, time for more movie titles.

    "Manchurian Candidate"

    "The Matrix"
    asap = not now

    yes, he promised to end the wars. and when confronted with the actual crphole the bush dug, he understood it wasn't that easy.

    he promised to close guantanamo. when he actually saw the problem up close and the lack of options, understood that isn't so easy as well.


    "Obama now does legally what Nixon did illegally, which is have access to peoples personal information via the NSA"
    fukin incredible. you are whining about obama using a law that bush implemented.

    "the war in libya"
    lasted from march till october, and it was a joint operation of nineteen states trying to stablize a region crucial for the economy of the entire region. it was hardly started by obama, and hardly was on the same scale as the wars in iraq and afghanistan.


    "for now it is perhaps the worst it has ever been in US history."
    seriously? you say that with a straight face and no worry you will appear ignorant? bush started the war in iraw by lying sadam had al-quaeda ties and weapons of mass destruction. nobody found either. obama said he will end the war asap, and realized it might take a while after all. do you find the two comparable?


    do you enjoy being a joke on this site?
  9. 26 Mar '14 10:53 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    asap = not now

    yes, he promised to end the wars. and when confronted with the actual crphole the bush dug, he understood it wasn't that easy.

    he promised to close guantanamo. when he actually saw the problem up close and the lack of options, understood that isn't so easy as well.


    "Obama now does legally what Nixon did illegally, which is have acc ...[text shortened]... a while after all. do you find the two comparable?


    do you enjoy being a joke on this site?
    So you admit that Bush = Obama?

    I would. More than likely though, you think Obama is so much better looking with the "D" by his name.

    After all, it would explain why the approval ratings for "W" about equals what they are for Obama at the end of his two terms.

    When will America learn from the both of them?
  10. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    26 Mar '14 17:44
    Because he'll get reelected to a third term we could call his movie 12 years a puppet.
  11. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    26 Mar '14 17:50
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Because he'll get reelected to a third term we could call his movie 12 years a puppet.
    And if not ...

    "8 Years a Knave"
  12. 26 Mar '14 21:15
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    it so funny to me that here on this site obama appears to be the most hated president in american history.


    bush was a dumbass that had a role in starting two costly wars for america
    nixon (enough said)
    jefferson owned slaves.
    hoover was president during the great depression.
    eisenhower supported mccarthyism.
    carter proved to be kind of incompete ...[text shortened]... ke the loud voices of a few outspoken individuals and we assume that is the most common opinion.
    "bush was a dumbass that had a role in starting two costly wars for america"

    The wars of FDR were much more costly, humans and dollars.

    "nixon (enough said)"

    You said nothing!

    "jefferson owned slaves."

    And owning slave was at the time legal. Jefferson also manumitted most of his slaves who could support themselves.

    "hoover was president during the great depression. "

    For two years. The next ten it was FDR.

    "eisenhower supported mccarthyism."

    And it turns out McCarthy was right.

    "carter proved to be kind of incompetent during the iran hostage crisis."

    But his intentions were good.
  13. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    29 Mar '14 14:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    Take the last two president in the modern era you bring up. Here we have a president that condemned Bush for his wars abroad, and promised to bring them home ASAP. Not only did he not do it, he started another war in Libya and continued the ones he once condemned. As for Nixon, Obama now does legally what Nixon did illegally, which is have access to people ...[text shortened]... Now if you will excuse me, time for more movie titles.

    "Manchurian Candidate"

    "The Matrix"
    I just thought of this but you had it first. The Manchurian Candidate. I also like the Jerk idea that was a funny movie.

    But here is another: The Sum of all fears.