If Posters were Nations

If Posters were Nations

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
19 May 10

Which nations are best represented by our talented debate regulars? Please give reasons, with reference to their debating style.

To kick us off I would throw a curve and suggest that against all intuition, FMF perfectly represents the USA.

I base this on the following observations. He only argues on his terms. He dismisses those who do not share his worldview. He goes from charm to bully in less time than it takes to realize he's not really that charming. He can be loyal to his friends, but he does not take criticism or opposition well. He prefers a scorched earth winner take all approach.

Debate!

HG

Moves
19 May 10

Originally posted by kmax87
Which nations are best represented by our talented debate regulars? Please give reasons, with reference to their debating style.

To kick us off I would throw a curve and suggest that against all intuition, FMF perfectly represents the USA.

I base this on the following observations. He only argues on his terms. He dismisses those who do not share his wor ...[text shortened]... criticism or opposition well. He prefers a scorched earth winner take all approach.

Debate!
Oh man,, I have to agree with you...no debate there.

silicon valley

Moves
19 May 10

maybe he just pretends to be an Irishman in Indonesia.

SR

Moves
19 May 10

Originally posted by zeeblebot
maybe he just pretends to be an Irishman in Indonesia.
Yes, there is a good deal of Irishness about his postings.