1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 00:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I dont care who it was, your getting the blame!
    😳
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 00:46
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    😳
    shame on America 😛
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 00:51
    I am blonde haired and blue eyed, what would i have to fear from the Nasiz other than
    my religious convictions which forbid the hailing of Hitler, i didn't know speaking
    German was a crime and anyway what has your post got to do with anything??
    Just saying as you put down America, it would have been REALLY bad for you if the US didn't save your collective butts in WWII.

Don't worry, I know full well there is no gratitude among Euro's for that little job you couldn't do for yourself.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 01:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Just saying as you put down America, it would have been REALLY bad for you if the US didn't save your collective butts in WWII.

Don't worry, I know full well there is no gratitude among Euro's for that little job you couldn't do for yourself.
    More emotional jive, what is this? some kind of we helped you kill other people
    therefore you shouldn't criticise America when America kills others, well then, that
    justifies the war crimes of Churchill and Roosevelt, doesn't it, after all, dropping two
    atomic bombs on Japanese civilians and bombing Dresden to the ground was real
    heroic, bunch of fliipin crow side pirates shooting tin cans with sawn off shotguns!
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 01:36
    More emotional jive, what is this? some kind of we helped you kill other people
    therefore you shouldn't criticise America when America kills others, well then, that
    justifies the war crimes of Churchill and Roosevelt, doesn't it, after all, dropping two
    atomic bombs on Japanese civilians and bombing Dresden to the ground was real
    heroic, bunch of fliipin crow side pirates shooting tin cans with sawn off shotguns!
    Hey, that I can agree with you on, Dresden was totally out of limits as well as Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Dresden was an art capitol just hit to pis off the Germans. But the Germs were making a mess of London too, so emotions were running a bit high back in those days. I'm just saying if we had been total asssholes and not entered the war, you would be in the third Reich now. There was a big push to do just that, stay out of it, Hitler even thought that's what would happen. They ran all over France except in the south and most of England, if we hadn't stepped in, how long do you think it would have taken the Nazi's to get to Glasgow?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 01:431 edit
    Hey, that I can agree with you on, Dresden was totally out of limits as well as Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Dresden was an art capitol just hit to pis off the Germans. But the Germs were making a mess of London too, so emotions were running a bit high back in those days. I'm just saying if we had been total asssholes and not entered the war, you would be in th e hadn't stepped in, how long do you think it would have taken the Nazi's to get to Glasgow?
    Russians did more to defeat the Nazis, its them we should be
    thanking!
  7. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 02:04
    Hey, that I can agree with you on, Dresden was totally out of limits as well as Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Dresden was an art capitol just hit to pis off the Germans. But the Germs were making a mess of London too, so emotions were running a bit high back in those days. I'm just saying if we had been total asssholes and not entered the war, you would be in th ...[text shortened]... e hadn't stepped in, how long do you think it would have taken the Nazi's to get to Glasgow?
    I think you'll find the Nazi front was to the East. Far from heading towards Glasgow they were advancing backwards away from Stalingrad. If the Americans had not stepped in maybe they would have retreated as far as Glasgow though. In fact of course, it was one hell of a long time before the Americans did step in and that was only because the Japanese gave Roosevelt an excuse to overcome their isolationist supidity. 😀
  8. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 02:08
    I dont care who it was, your getting the blame!
    It was an accident, and an investigation is taking place as to exactly what happened. How about we just wait and see what actually happened?
  9. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 02:09
    Originally posted by finnegan
    I think you'll find the Nazi front was to the East. Far from heading towards Glasgow they were advancing backwards away from Stalingrad. If the Americans had not stepped in maybe they would have retreated as far as Glasgow though. In fact of course, it was one hell of a long time before the Americans did step in and that was only because the Japanese gave Roosevelt an excuse to overcome their isolationist supidity. 😀
    "isolationist supidity."

heh..

"Too much isolationism!"

"Too much interventionism!"
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 02:14
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    It was an accident, and an investigation is taking place as to exactly what happened. How about we just wait and see what actually happened?
    i first heard it was a drone attack, then i heard it was choppers and aircraft, regardless
    of who did it, its a tragedy.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 04:401 edit
    Actually I think there has always been widespread and profound historical gratitude among Europeans for the U.S. role in WW2. What you may well find is that there is little gratitude expressed towards little puffed up cyber gnomes in the U.S. saying things like 'I know full well there is no gratitude among Euro's for the U.S. role in WW2". 😉
  12. Wat?
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 08:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Actually I think there has always been widespread and profound historical gratitude among Europeans for the U.S. role in WW2.
    Hear Hear! Couldn't agree more!

-m.
  13. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 10:111 edit
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    "isolationist stupidity."

heh..

"Too much isolationism!"

"Too much interventionism!"
    Too little critical appreciation of context.

If it helps, you might focus more on the second word in my phrase, a bit spoiled by a typo.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 14:46

Yeah... like Yugoslavia and Russia had nothing to do with that.
    Nothing at all.

When did the tide start turning against the Germans? 1942... wasn't it?
    Yeah... battle of Stalingrad...

And the US joined the gig (in the European arena) in Sicily in the Summer of '43.

So, the US sped things along, but it didn't actually change the outcome. No empire has ruled the whole of Europe since 850 AD (and believe me, plenty have tried) and there's no reason to suspect otherwise in the 40's.
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 14:48
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    We've been doing that since before I was born. It's an act of war only for the purposes of rhetoric.

EDIT - Are we at war with Pakistan? We've done a whole lot more violating of airspace over there than this.

Also,

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2011/1215/Exclusive-Iran-hijacked-US-drone-says-Iranian-engineer-Video

Now thi ...[text shortened]... tured or shot down in recent years
    , the engineer says

This wasn't the first time.[/b]
    Surely it makes you proud!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree