Iraq day

Standard memberwhodey
Debates 15 Jan '12 06:12
  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 06:123 edits
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/31/world/meast/iraq-day/index.html?hpt=hp?t1

"TV stations in Bagdad are calling it, "Iraq Day", which the Saturday deadline for US troops to completely withdraw from Iraq. Stations aligned with Sunni and Shiite extremist groups are calling it the "Day of Defeating the Occupier". It was a day of burning American flags and chanting Anti-American slogans.

So what say you? Who won and why?

Also, how long do you think the American placed government can survive?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 12:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/31/world/meast/iraq-day/index.html?hpt=hp?t1

"TV stations in Bagdad are calling it, "Iraq Day", which the Saturday deadline for US troops to completely withdraw from Iraq. Stations aligned with Sunni and Shiite extremist groups are calling it the "Day of Defeating the Occupier". It was a day of burning American flags and chanti ...[text shortened]... Who won and why?

Also, how long do you think the American placed government can survive?
    Who won the war? Iraqis or the Americans?

It depends entirely of what was the purpose of the war. Why USA entered Iraq from the first time.

Was it to fulfil the threat "Show us your massdestruction weapons, or we will go in and find them ourselves!"? Then USA lost, becase Iraq didn't have these weapons.

Was it to kill Saddam Hussein, for some obscure reaons? Then USA won. But lost its moral inthe process.

Was it to get oil? Then USA won. But show themself as robbers.

Or what was the reason to go to war with Iraq at that time? We can always construct a new objective for the war, but that is to rewrite the history. Like Bagdad Bob tried / ordered to do.

The Iraqis are the winners from now one. Because now hey are the one to create their own future.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 14:38
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Who won the war? Iraqis or the Americans?

It depends entirely of what was the purpose of the war. Why USA entered Iraq from the first time.

Was it to fulfil the threat "Show us your massdestruction weapons, or we will go in and find them ourselves!"? Then USA lost, becase Iraq didn't have these weapons.

Was it to kill Saddam Hussein, for some obs ...[text shortened]... Iraqis are the winners from now one. Because now hey are the one to create their own future.
    Are the Iraqis really the winners?

I believe the Iraqi government is a puppet government that serves the interests of the USA. You seem to be making the assumption that it is not a puppet government.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 14:48
    I think the U.S. military will have learnt a lot of valuable lessons about asymmetrical warfare in an urban area and this will be invaluable in the future, where this kind of military action is more likely to be what it is called upon to handle, as set piece open battlefield actions become less frequent or necessary.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 15:12
    Originally posted by Metal Brain

I believe the Iraqi government is a puppet government that serves the interests of the USA. You seem to be making the assumption that it is not a puppet government.
    If you adhere the theory that best tactic for an Imperial power is to divide and rule then given the sectarian divisions evident in post invasion Iraq i.e Kurdish north, Sunni central pocket, numerically superior Sh'ite factions dominating the rest of the country; you would have assume the Americans are thinking 'job done' whose next?
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 15:14
    Originally posted by Metal Brain

You're right.

They don't have Saddam Hussain anymore (plus), but they have another Saddam (minus) holding the strings.
  7. Joined
    13 Jan '12
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 17:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    13 Jan '12
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 17:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 18:26
    Iraq lobster!

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree