Ireland says moving closer to recognising Palestinian state

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
23d
1 edit

By Padraic Halpin

DUBLIN (Reuters) - Ireland is close to formally recognising a Palestinian state and would like to do so in concert with Spain and other like-minded countries, new prime minister Simon Harris said on Friday after meeting his Spanish counterpart.

https://news.yahoo.com/ireland-says-moving-closer-recognising-174738655.html
--------------------------------

Yaaaaaaaaaaa Hoo-oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I also believe in a single-state solution, "from the river to the sea"

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22d

@Earl-of-Trumps
Now if England can only recognize Ireland......

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
21d
1 edit

@sonhouse said
@Earl-of-Trumps
Now if England can only recognize Ireland......
Do some more research son
England / UK recognised Ireland as an independent state way back in the early 20th century, what to do with about the sixth of the population who live in the north that’s the problem. If Dublin or any arm chair IRA fan yank has a better answer than the Good Friday agreement and the current evolutionary tack toward unification then I’m sure we’d all give it a hearing

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
21d

@kevcvs57 said
the current evolutionary tack toward unification
Well that's good news, anyway.

Not in favor of 'island-splits.' Hispaniola, New Guinea, Cyprus, and Ireland should all be single nations.

Moves
21d

Ireland isn't relevant in anything.

Isn't Palestine a country? I'm confused about this recognized state business and I'm too lazy to look it up.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
21d

@fartacus said
Isn't Palestine a country?
No.

This is like...THE whole problem. If you missed this part, then ... smdh.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21d
1 edit

@fartacus said
Ireland isn't relevant in anything.

Isn't Palestine a country? I'm confused about this recognized state business and I'm too lazy to look it up.
Palestine is a country that belong to the Jews.
Israel = Palestine.
Palestinians is NOT Palestine.
It is the name given to the Arabs who lived there.
Palestine is the country, now Israel
Palestinians is the people of Arab descent.

Palestine never existed as a country except when Israel took it over. It was always part of some Empire for over 2000 years after the Romans chased out the Jews.

Ireland by the way is a second rate country putting their mouth where it does not belong. They are another failed people just like Palestinians. South Africa is another failed state, who support Palestinians.

You would notice that failures support failures, and breed more failure.
Its a fact of life.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21d
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said

I also believe in a single-state solution, "from the river to the sea"
So do I... 🙂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
21d

@kevcvs57
I was talking about Northern Ireland who have sided with England. Let me rephrase that, when will Northern Ireland be part of Ireland and chuck the link to Britain? The brits hung on to Northern Ireland because it is the industrial part and the money maker of Ireland.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
21d

@spruce112358 said
No.

This is like...THE whole problem. If you missed this part, then ... smdh.
lol

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
21d

@spruce112358 said
Well that's good news, anyway.

Not in favor of 'island-splits.' Hispaniola, New Guinea, Cyprus, and Ireland should all be single nations.
Yes they definitely should but history has a way of kicking the common sense present in gut.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
21d

@sonhouse said
@kevcvs57
I was talking about Northern Ireland who have sided with England. Let me rephrase that, when will Northern Ireland be part of Ireland and chuck the link to Britain? The brits hung on to Northern Ireland because it is the industrial part and the money maker of Ireland.
I know what you were talking about but Dublin has refused to take circa half a million die hard ‘loyalists’ into ther body politic.
The good news is that the younger portion of the ‘loyalist’ community are moving toward a United Ireland in the EU but short of an asteroid dinosaurs don’t de out overnight.