1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Oct '14 07:08
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    I am sure they did get weapons from the US indirectly and Saudi Arabia too. Somebody with deep pockets had to have armed them for them to take as much territory as they did. I am willing to consider the possibility that the USA is fine with what IS is doing and helping certain factions of IS more than others.

The Obama plan might be to let IS advance ...[text shortened]... is obvious to me that US ground troops are part of the plan no matter how much Obama denies it.
    I would bet that you have never been in the military.
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    09 Oct '14 07:23
    The Kurds are claiming that the USA is essentially letting Kobani fall to the Islamic State by only doing symbolic bombing and nothing more.
    http://www.telesurtv.net/english/opinion/If-Kobani-falls-Turkey-and-the-US-Will-Have-Blood-on-Their-Hands-20141003-0056.html
    Turkey (an ally of the USA) has always seen the Kurds as a threat. Is Obama allowing that threat to be eliminated?
    He is clearly abandoning the Kurds. The area in Turkey where the Kurds predominantly reside is largely a mountainous region where very few Turks live. Hence the Turkish saying about this area, "Kurds and goats".
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '14 16:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I would bet that you have never been in the military.
    Don't they teach you to slit people's throats in the military? Guns do run out of ammo at times.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '14 12:24
    Originally posted by sh76
    It's human nature to sacrifice the interests of the less powerful to appease the more powerful.
    Who is the lesser evil in your opinion, the Kurds or ISIS?
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Oct '14 17:17
    The Kurds are claiming that the USA is essentially letting Kobani fall to the Islamic State by only doing symbolic bombing and nothing more.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/opinion/If-Kobani-falls-Turkey-and-the-US-Will-Have-Blood-on-Their-Hands-20141003-0056.html

Turkey (an ally of the USA) has always seen the Kurds as a threat. Is Obama allowing that threat to be eliminated?
    The USA owes the Kurds nothing.
  6. Standard memberQuarl
    Quarl
    Moves
    10 Oct '14 18:59
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I don't think they do have American made tanks. I think journalists are manipulating headlines to make us think so. When I investigate the only tanks ISIS appear to have are Russian T55s.
    The regular Iraq Army ran away and deserted the US tanks. ISIS definitely have them under their control. The problem ISIS has is: They simply can't deduce how to use them! 😀
  7. Standard memberQuarl
    Quarl
    Moves
    10 Oct '14 19:11
    Originally posted by whodey
    The Kurds are the only real ally the US has in that Islamic mess.

Obama is seeing to it that they disappear.
    During Desert Storm the US air force flew more than 1,000 sorties per day.

In prosecuting ISIS over the past seven weeks, US has flown a total of 200 sorties. Yes, you read that correctly, that is an average of only 4 flights per day.

This fact answers the thread question: "Is Obama betraying the Kurds?" YES
    Also answered is another question: "Is Obama serious about fighting Jihadist Muslims?" NO
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '14 20:46
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The USA owes the Kurds nothing.
    I guess Obama doesn't need the Kurds for an ally. The more peoples he betrays the more I think American troops on the ground was the plan all along.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Oct '14 22:55
    Originally posted by Quarl
    The regular Iraq Army ran away and deserted the US tanks. ISIS definitely have them under their control. The problem ISIS has is: They simply can't deduce how to use them! 😀
    What evidence do you have that suggests ISIS have M1 Abrams tanks? Or M60 Pattons, or any American tank?
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Oct '14 22:56
    I guess Obama doesn't need the Kurds for an ally. The more peoples he betrays the more I think American troops on the ground was the plan all along.
    There is no "betrayal" because the USA has no obligations towards the Kurds.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    10 Oct '14 23:20
    Originally posted by Eladar
    No matter what tanks they have, we should be able to destroy them easy enough.
    Except that Obama mothballed the A6.
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    10 Oct '14 23:22
    Originally posted by Quarl
    During Desert Storm the US air force flew more than 1,000 sorties per day.

In prosecuting ISIS over the past seven weeks, US has flown a total of 200 sorties. Yes, you read that correctly, that is an average of only 4 flights per day.

This fact answers the thread question: "Is Obama betraying the Kurds?" [b]YES

Also answered is another question: "Is Obama serious about fighting Jihadist Muslims?" NO[/b]
    Is it possible that he is doing something (as little as possible) due to the proximity of a midterm election?
  13. Standard memberQuarl
    Quarl
    Moves
    10 Oct '14 23:30
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Is it possible that he is doing something (as little as possible) due to the proximity of a midterm election?
    That would a logical conclusion. Who knows? There have been times I have wished I knew what was in his mind and other times when I'm happy I have no idea what's in there!
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    10 Oct '14 23:47
    Don't they teach you to slit people's throats in the military? Guns do run out of ammo at times.
    Beheading is overkill. Simply severing the carotid artery does the trick. The Kabar knife is long and designed also to penetrate the heart and lungs making for a silent kill.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Oct '14 23:59
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Except that Obama mothballed the A6.
    In 1997...

😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree