Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 01 Sep '12 22:44
    More on the marathon fib.

    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/09/01/1126777/-Paul-Ryan-Al-Bundy-and-why-sports-don-t-build-character-they-reveal-it
  2. 01 Sep '12 22:49
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    More on the marathon fib.

    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/09/01/1126777/-Paul-Ryan-Al-Bundy-and-why-sports-don-t-build-character-they-reveal-it
    Maybe he was talking about a personal marathon he ran alone as his best time.

    Still Romney and Ryan are absolute liars. It's incredible.
  3. 01 Sep '12 22:57
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Maybe he was talking about a personal marathon he ran alone as his best time.

    Still Romney and Ryan are absolute liars. It's incredible.
    Or maybe he just can't help but lie.
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    01 Sep '12 23:02
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    More on the marathon fib.

    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/09/01/1126777/-Paul-Ryan-Al-Bundy-and-why-sports-don-t-build-character-they-reveal-it
    He says he made a misstatement. http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/01/13611931-paul-ryan-says-he-misstated-marathon-claim?lite

    It's plausible; the marathon was 20 years ago. We tend to remember being better at sports than we actually were.
  5. 02 Sep '12 00:45
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    He says he made a misstatement. http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/01/13611931-paul-ryan-says-he-misstated-marathon-claim?lite

    It's plausible; the marathon was 20 years ago. We tend to remember being better at sports than we actually were.
    Over and hour? If you've run even a half marathon, you know it's pretty difficult to confuse an under-three hour performance with a four hour performance.

    If he wasn't being caught in so many lies, I might cut him some slack.
  6. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    02 Sep '12 01:22
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    More on the marathon fib.

    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/09/01/1126777/-Paul-Ryan-Al-Bundy-and-why-sports-don-t-build-character-they-reveal-it
    This is one of those things that nobody not already converted gives a damn about,

    Trust me.
  7. 02 Sep '12 01:54
    Originally posted by sh76
    This is one of those things that nobody not already converted gives a damn about,

    Trust me.
    That's what the talking heads said. It's apparently why pols lie like crazy. The undecideds don't care about fact checking. These are the people who determine our fate.

    However, Ryan's lack of credibility will be an ongoing theme, which could take some root. I'm just doing my share for the DNC.
  8. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    02 Sep '12 02:03 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    That's what the talking heads said. It's apparently why pols lie like crazy. The undecideds don't care about fact checking. These are the people who determine our fate.

    However, Ryan's lack of credibility will be an ongoing theme, which could take some root. I'm just doing my share for the DNC.
    Good luck. Of course people care about fact checking, but not about facts that bear no relationship whatsoever to policies or governance. Clinton is the classic example. He could (and did) lie all he wanted to about sex, but most people didn't give a damn because it had nothing to do with running the country.
  9. 02 Sep '12 02:09
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    That's what the talking heads said. It's apparently why pols lie like crazy. The undecideds don't care about fact checking. These are the people who determine our fate.

    However, Ryan's lack of credibility will be an ongoing theme, which could take some root. I'm just doing my share for the DNC.
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-lies-while-accusing-romney-campaign-lying_651431.html

    lets talk fact checking, as they are getting carried away on both sides,, personally i have made up my mind, and don't care how fast or slow Ryan ran,, big frickin deal....

    it's not where Obama was born, it';s the fact he lives here now,, some times you just have to let them go.. wheee,, wheee....
  10. 02 Sep '12 02:10
    Originally posted by sh76
    Good luck. Of course people care about fact checking, but not about facts that bear no relationship whatsoever to policies or governance. Clinton is the classic example. He could (and did) lie all he wanted to about sex, but most people didn't give a damn because it had nothing to do with running the country.
    Clinton was an embarrassment to this country, and in making the stupid moves he did, his mind was away from the job at hand..
  11. 02 Sep '12 02:18
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    That's what the talking heads said. It's apparently why pols lie like crazy. The undecideds don't care about fact checking. These are the people who determine our fate.

    However, Ryan's lack of credibility will be an ongoing theme, which could take some root. I'm just doing my share for the DNC.
    Its amazing and quite funny to me how all the Obamanites are scrambling and grasping at straws to tare down Romney and Ryann through personal attacks.

    Why ? Because their Messiah has been in office for 4 years and has been a abysmal failure. Their only hope is to distract and put up smoke screens to draw attention away from Obamas deplorable job performance.
  12. 02 Sep '12 02:22
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Its amazing and quite funny to me how all the Obamanites are scrambling and grasping at straws to tare down Romney and Ryann through personal attacks.

    Why ? Because their Messiah has been in office for 4 years and has been a abysmal failure. Their only hope is to distract and put up smoke screens to draw attention away from Obamas deplorable job performance.
    wait now,, we have to see how his golf game improved. he may need to fall back on that when he is "let go" in November.. you can bet on this though, business deals are made on the golf course, and he made a bunch of them to insure his future,,
  13. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    02 Sep '12 02:26 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    wait now,, we have to see how his golf game improved. he may need to fall back on that when he is "let go" in November.. you can bet on this though, business deals are made on the golf course, and he made a bunch of them to insure his future,,
    It's interesting how you are scrambling and grasping at straws to make personal attacks about golf when Obama has been in office for 4 years and you insist he has been an abysmal failure.
  14. 02 Sep '12 02:28
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Maybe he was talking about a personal marathon he ran alone as his best time.

    Still Romney and Ryan are absolute liars. It's incredible.
    and Obama tells the truth? LMFAO
  15. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    02 Sep '12 02:31
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    [Obama] has been in office for 4 years and has been a abysmal failure. [His supporters'] only hope is to distract and put up smoke screens to draw attention away from Obamas deplorable job performance.
    Be that as it may, but if one of the GOP themes is going to be the 'dishonesty of Obama', it is peculiar that Ryan would expend any credibility points at all telling clumsy little fibs that can accumulate and undermine him as he tries to criticize the president.