Is This Real?

Is This Real?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
13 Aug 20

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53761744

US calls for shower rules to be eased after Trump hair complaints

The US government has proposed changing the definition of a showerhead to allow increased water flow, following complaints from President Donald Trump about his hair routine.

Under a 1992 law, showerheads in the US are not allowed to produce more than 2.5 gallons (9.5l) of water per minute.

The Trump administration wants this limit to apply to each nozzle, rather than the overall fixture.

Consumer and conservation groups argue that it is wasteful and unnecessary.

The changes were proposed by the Department of Energy on Wednesday following complaints by Mr Trump at the White House last month.

"So showerheads - you take a shower, the water doesn't come out. You want to wash your hands, the water doesn't come out. So what do you do? You just stand there longer or you take a shower longer? Because my hair - I don't know about you, but it has to be perfect. Perfect," he said.

Andrew deLaski, executive director of the energy conservation group Appliance Standards Awareness Project, said the proposal was "silly".

With four or five or more nozzles, "you could have 10, 15 gallons per minute powering out of the showerhead, literally probably washing you out of the bathroom," he told the Associated Press news agency.

"If the president needs help finding a good shower, we can point him to some great consumer websites that help you identify a good showerhead that provides a dense soak and a good shower," he added.

David Friedman, vice president of advocacy at the organisation Consumer Reports, said showerheads in the US already "achieve high levels of customer satisfaction", while saving people money.

rain

Moves
13 Aug 20

There's no way this is real, right? It reads like an Onion article. WTF.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
13 Aug 20
1 edit

@vivify said
4yrs ago I would have said hoax for sure, but now all bets are off. He’ll be asking for a bigger, stronger flush next. Apparently them cheese burgers are quite buoyant.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
13 Aug 20

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53761744

“The US government has proposed changing the definition of a showerhead to allow increased water flow, following complaints from President Donald Trump about his hair routine.“

——
One should, properly, form an opinion about this, I guess.
But it’s so crazy. So in sync with 2020 in particular, but with the trump presidency generally, that it’ll probably be old news by tomorrow as he proposes nuking the moon to blow up the Bermuda triangle to stop the lizard people on Tatooine from infiltrating pizza sex shops to help the democrats steal the postal election.

Moves
13 Aug 20

@vivify said
My hair is perfect, everybody says so, it’s true. The fake news press say my hair is funny but these are terrible people, bad people. When I was young girls used to love my hair and they still do, my hairstyle style should be a fashion...thing, maybe in a magazine... definitely...yes. Make American hair great again!

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
13 Aug 20

@divegeester said
My hair is perfect, everybody says so, it’s true. The fake news press say my hair is funny but these are terrible people, bad people. When I was young girls used to love my hair and they still do, my hairstyle style should be a fashion...thing, maybe in a magazine... definitely...yes. Make American hair great again!
๐Ÿคฃ

m

Moves
13 Aug 20

I wonder if Alec Baldwin is available these days.
He might have some fun with this. ๐Ÿ˜›

m

Moves
13 Aug 20

I recall a story a few years back when Kim Jong Un tried to issue a decree that all young men have their hair styled in the same fashion as him.
While these articles are intended for the amusement of the general public, the similarities are duly noted. ๐Ÿ˜›

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Aug 20

@divegeester
There is a little known fact about hair, it stops the healing rays of the sun and the brain is partially solar powered so baldies like me get a heads up, as it were๐Ÿ™‚

Moves
13 Aug 20

@sonhouse said
@divegeester
There is a little known fact about hair, it stops the healing rays of the sun and the brain is partially solar powered so baldies like me get a heads up, as it were๐Ÿ™‚
Grass doesn’t grow on a busy street!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Aug 20

@vivify said
Trump saw headline
Iran sinks AC

Didn't like the idea of being upstaged by air-conditioned wash basins ...

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
14 Aug 20

@divegeester said
Grass doesn’t grow on a busy street!
A rolling stone gathers no moss

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
14 Aug 20

I was wrong.
It wasn’t the lizard people which made the news old... it’s a birther claim about Harris...