1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 11:14
    https://www.rt.com/usa/409529-girl-sues-sessions-medical-marijuana/

A 12 year old girl sues Jeff Sessions for not ignoring the laws regarding the legalization of pot like Obama threatened to do.

This is sad on so many levels.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 14:042 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 14:07
    Dude, this is just trolling. An article about a child with epilepsy wanting to be free of pain, and you find her actions "sad"? I don't buy it. I think you just want a reaction.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 15:002 edits
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Dude, this is just trolling. An article about a child with epilepsy wanting to be free of pain, and you find her actions "sad"? I don't buy it. I think you just want a reaction.
    It is sad on two levels. One is that if they genially need the drug, it is illegal to get it to them Why?

Secondly, it is sad that we are not suing the Executive Branch for not ignoring laws that some think don't make sense, something we now expect from the Executive Branch thanks to you know who.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 15:23
    Originally posted by @whodey
    It is sad on two levels. One is that if they genially need the drug, it is illegal to get it to them Why?

Secondly, it is sad that we are not suing the Executive Branch for not ignoring laws that some think don't make sense, something we now expect from the Executive Branch thanks to you know who.
    Why aren't you suing the Executive Branch? Get a bunch of rightwingers together, throw some money at it, sue whoever you feel needs to be sued.

The people mentioned in the article turned their frustration into action. What's stopping you? Apathy? Laziness?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 15:28
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Why aren't you suing the Executive Branch? Get a bunch of rightwingers together, throw some money at it, sue whoever you feel needs to be sued.

The people mentioned in the article turned their frustration into action. What's stopping you? Apathy? Laziness?
    You don't find it sad that people are suing government officials to just ignore laws?
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 15:39
    You don't find it sad that people are suing government officials to just ignore laws?
    No.

Can you answer my question?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 15:53
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    No.

Can you answer my question?
    It's a free country, I just find it sad.

I also think it sad that people like you think laws should be ignored instead of changed.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 16:15
    It's a free country, I just find it sad.

I also think it sad that people like you think laws should be ignored instead of changed.
    Have you lost your sight recently? Did you not see the question I asked you? Could you answer it?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 18:09

Ask the Republican Congress, From your article:

In September, the House Rules Committee blocked a pro-medical marijuana amendment that had been included, since 2014, in the government's annual spending bill by Representative Dana Rohrabacher (D-California),

I find it amusing that your supposed staunch support of "States rights" does not include support of the Cole Memorandum, which is based on using Federal prosecutorial discretion to not interfere with State laws that have little effect on the goals and purposes of Federal law. From the CM:

The Department's previous memoranda specifically addressed the exercise of prosecutorial discretion in states with laws authorizing marijuana cultivation and distribution for medical use. In those contexts, the Department advised that it likely was not an efficient use of federal resources to focus enforcement efforts on seriously ill individuals, or on their individual caregivers.

Do you disagree with that statement from the CM? Or do you think sending FBI agents to Colorado to arrest sick kids in the name of "law and order" is the way to go?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 19:291 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Ask the Republican Congress, From your article:

In September, the House Rules Committee blocked a pro-medical marijuana amendment that had been included, since 2014, in the government's annual spending bill by Representative Dana Rohrabacher (D-California),

I find it amusing that your supposed staunch support of "States rights" does not include s ...[text shortened]... ding FBI agents to Colorado to arrest sick kids in the name of "law and order" is the way to go?
    I'm actually proud of Ohio. Voters slapped down a proposal that would have made pot legal, only to give corporations a monopoly on it. It would have even been put into the state Constitution.

Instead, a separate bill was introduced to allow those in medical need of the drug the use of it.

I don't understand why this is so hard and why the Feds need to intervene.

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2016/06/ohio_legalized_medical_marijua.html

So how do you feel about the girl suing Sessions?
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 19:402 edits
    I'm actually proud of Ohio. Voters slapped down a proposal that would have made pot legal, only to give corporations a monopoly on it. It would have even been put into the state Constitution.

Instead, a separate bill was introduced to allow those in medical need of the drug the use of it.

I don't understand why this is so hard and why the Feds need ...[text shortened]... 2016/06/ohio_legalized_medical_marijua.html

So how do you feel about the girl suing Sessions?
    So you support the pro-medical marijuana bill introduced by Representative Dana Rohrabacher in the House and are outraged that the Republican leadership is blocking it there?

The Complaint in the case is here: https://www.fitsnews.com/themencode-pdf-viewer-sc/[WORD TOO LONG]

I've only looked at the first few pages, but it seems legally and factually sound. The relief it seeks is not really directed at Sessions, but at declaring those sections of the Controlled Substances Act that pertain to cannabis unconstitutional:

Plaintiffs demand judgment, over and against Defendants, declaring the CSA as it pertains to the cultivation, distribution, marketing, sale, prescription and use of Cannabis, unconstitutional under the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment, the Right to Travel, and the Commerce Clause, together with: (i) a permanent injunction (and temporary relief if so required), restraining Defendants from enforcing the CSA as it pertains to Cannabis; (ii) reasonable legal fees and costs pursuant to the Equal Access to Justice Act, 28 U.S.C. §2412, insofar as the Federal Government cannot maintain its position on the existing record that continued enforcement of the CSA as it pertains to Cannabis is "substantially justified;" and (iii) any and all other and further relief this Court deems just and proper.

It's probably a legal long shot given the extreme deference Courts have historically given Congress in this area, but worth a try.

EDIT: You can get the Complaint by clicking on the hyperlink "court documents" in the article in the OP.

EDIT2: BTW that article was wrong; Dana Rohrabacher is a Republican. https://media.cq.com/members/72?rel=memberLink
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Nov '17 02:08
    https://www.rt.com/usa/409529-girl-sues-sessions-medical-marijuana/

A 12 year old girl sues Jeff Sessions for not ignoring the laws regarding the legalization of pot like Obama threatened to do.

This is sad on so many levels.
    As many times as you get taken to school in this forum, one could be forgiven for hoping you might eventually learn something.
  14. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    14 Nov '17 02:212 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    As many times as you get taken to school in this forum, one could be forgiven for hoping you might eventually learn something.
    Learn something? Mmmmmm...no

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree