1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 17:371 edit
    It's high noon and 18 degrees F with 25 MPH winds. The wind chill is at 0 F. Yes, I know, for those of you from Minnesota or Finland or Moscow, it's no big deal.

But here it's COLD.

Where's Al Gore when you need him? I want some global warming.
  2. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 17:511 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    It's high noon and 18 degrees F with 25 MPH winds. The wind chill is at 0 F. Yes, I know, for those of you from Minnesota or Finland or Moscow, it's no big deal.

But here it's COLD.

Where's Al Gore when you need him? I want some global warming.
    Well we could gather up all the TV weather forecasters who on days like this would have you believe that never before in history has the thermometer dipped below 27 degrees - and have them all give their hyperventilating forecasts into a machine that would distribute all that hot air across the state, we'd be toasty in no time.
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 17:56
    You know when old age is dropping the hammer on you, when 40 degrees feels cold! man I was born in Minn, spent a great deal of time bucking snow drifts on the divide in wyoming. You'd think I could handle some cold.
    Lesson learned. A heat pump is not the way to go in Oregon. temps hitv40 or lower, and you are screwed.
    I wish I had a good old wood burning stove right now. As for Al Gore. I'll send him an invitation to head up the Dinwoody glaciers with me in wyoming next summer. Gee Al,, they're doing well here?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree