1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Oct '09 18:224 edits
    Okay; it's a mix of rain and snow; and the snow is not sticking to any surface. But, hey. We usually don't get any snowflakes until mid November around here.

October 15. This is the earliest snow that I can ever remember around here (northern suburbs of New York City).

I guess the cap and trade bill is working already! And it hasn't even been passed yet. 😉

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/nationalforecast/index.html?from=hp_news
  2. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    15 Oct '09 18:28
    Originally posted by sh76
    Okay; it's a mix of rain and snow; and the snow is not sticking to any surface. But, hey. We usually don't get any snowflakes until mid November around here.

October 15. This is the earliest snow that I can ever remember around here (northern suburbs of New York City).

I guess the cap and trade bill is working already! And it hasn't even been passed yet. 😉

Better turn down the heat though. That cap and trade bill ain't free.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Oct '09 19:271 edit
    This is incredible. This is no longer a mix. It's a full fledged snow. I never remember seeing a snowstorm while the leaves are still on the deciduous trees. The snow against the backdrop of reds, yellows and golds of the autumn leaves is really beautiful.

Temps right now are close to 30 degrees below average!
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '09 20:02
    This is incredible. This is no longer a mix. It's a full fledged snow. I never remember seeing a snowstorm while the leaves are still on the deciduous trees. The snow against the backdrop of reds, yellows and golds of the autumn leaves is really beautiful.

You should spend some time in Chicago then 🙂

Fortunately we haven't gotten any snow yet, but it's been a crappy year so far so I don't expect fall/winter to be any different.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '09 21:04

After about 10 years of cap and trade they will probably artifically induce an ice age. Of course, they will have to then tax companies for not putting out enough CO2 to counter this phenomenon.

Brilliant!!
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '09 02:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    After about 10 years of cap and trade they will probably artifically induce an ice age. Of course, they will have to then tax companies for not putting out enough CO2 to counter this phenomenon.

Brilliant!!
    What exactly are you satirizing here? Yourself? The wider 'denier' movement's hysterical "predictions"?
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    16 Oct '09 02:27
    Originally posted by whodey

Brilliant!!
    Obamas next award.
  8. cube# 6484
    Moves
    16 Oct '09 18:09

Where is Gore when you need him. Man made global warming huh?
  9. silicon valley
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 08:001 edit
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Obamas next award.
    nothing wrong in awarding him consecutive nobel peace prizes ... he DOES plan to reduce global warming ...
  10. Germany
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 08:09
    ITT: gambler's fallacy.
  11. silicon valley
    Moves
    18 Oct '09 08:18
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    ITT: gambler's fallacy.
    you misspelled "IPCC".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree