Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    15 Oct '09 18:22 / 4 edits
    Okay; it's a mix of rain and snow; and the snow is not sticking to any surface. But, hey. We usually don't get any snowflakes until mid November around here.

    October 15. This is the earliest snow that I can ever remember around here (northern suburbs of New York City).

    I guess the cap and trade bill is working already! And it hasn't even been passed yet.

    http://www.weather.com/newscenter/nationalforecast/index.html?from=hp_news
  2. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    15 Oct '09 18:28
    Originally posted by sh76
    Okay; it's a mix of rain and snow; and the snow is not sticking to any surface. But, hey. We usually don't get any snowflakes until mid November around here.

    October 15. This is the earliest snow that I can ever remember around here (northern suburbs of New York City).

    I guess the cap and trade bill is working already! And it hasn't even been passed yet.

    http://www.weather.com/newscenter/nationalforecast/index.html?from=hp_news
    Better turn down the heat though. That cap and trade bill ain't free.
  3. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    15 Oct '09 19:27 / 1 edit
    This is incredible. This is no longer a mix. It's a full fledged snow. I never remember seeing a snowstorm while the leaves are still on the deciduous trees. The snow against the backdrop of reds, yellows and golds of the autumn leaves is really beautiful.

    Temps right now are close to 30 degrees below average!
  4. 15 Oct '09 20:02
    Originally posted by sh76
    This is incredible. This is no longer a mix. It's a full fledged snow. I never remember seeing a snowstorm while the leaves are still on the deciduous trees. The snow against the backdrop of reds, yellows and golds of the autumn leaves is really beautiful.

    Temps right now are close to 30 degrees below average!
    You should spend some time in Chicago then

    Fortunately we haven't gotten any snow yet, but it's been a crappy year so far so I don't expect fall/winter to be any different.
  5. 15 Oct '09 21:04
    Originally posted by sh76
    Okay; it's a mix of rain and snow; and the snow is not sticking to any surface. But, hey. We usually don't get any snowflakes until mid November around here.

    October 15. This is the earliest snow that I can ever remember around here (northern suburbs of New York City).

    I guess the cap and trade bill is working already! And it hasn't even been passed yet.

    http://www.weather.com/newscenter/nationalforecast/index.html?from=hp_news
    After about 10 years of cap and trade they will probably artifically induce an ice age. Of course, they will have to then tax companies for not putting out enough CO2 to counter this phenomenon.

    Brilliant!!
  6. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    16 Oct '09 02:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    After about 10 years of cap and trade they will probably artifically induce an ice age. Of course, they will have to then tax companies for not putting out enough CO2 to counter this phenomenon.

    Brilliant!!
    What exactly are you satirizing here? Yourself? The wider 'denier' movement's hysterical "predictions"?
  7. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    16 Oct '09 02:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    After about 10 years of cap and trade they will probably artifically induce an ice age. Of course, they will have to then tax companies for not putting out enough CO2 to counter this phenomenon.

    Brilliant!!
    Obamas next award.
  8. 16 Oct '09 18:09
    Originally posted by sh76
    This is incredible. This is no longer a mix. It's a full fledged snow. I never remember seeing a snowstorm while the leaves are still on the deciduous trees. The snow against the backdrop of reds, yellows and golds of the autumn leaves is really beautiful.

    Temps right now are close to 30 degrees below average!
    Where is Gore when you need him. Man made global warming huh?
  9. 18 Oct '09 08:00 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Obamas next award.
    nothing wrong in awarding him consecutive nobel peace prizes ... he DOES plan to reduce global warming ...
  10. 18 Oct '09 08:09
    ITT: gambler's fallacy.
  11. 18 Oct '09 08:18
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    ITT: gambler's fallacy.
    you misspelled "IPCC".