1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 04:50
    Originally posted by expuddlepirate
    Other famous jews: Director John Ford, James Cagney, Maureen O'Hare, John Wayne, Romma Downey and Sean Conery
    You forgot Jesus!! 😠
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 04:521 edit
    Originally posted by PBE6
    Despite your expected protestations to the contrary, this thread comes off as a bit distasteful. Also, Stephen Colbert is reportedly Irish Catholic.
    Well its about the same talking about Harry Reids negros. I wonder how many slaves he has? In fact, is Harry Reid a Jew? With those beedy little eyes I am beginning to wonder.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 04:52
    Originally posted by EmLasker
    I'm not anti-semitic 😕
    That's a relief.
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 06:28
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    None.
    ???
  5. Germany
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 07:19
    ... the media.

Stephen Colbert, Ali G, Jon Stewart, Sandra Bullock, Ron Jeremy, Billy Joel, Natalie Portman, Steven Seagal, jerry Seinfield, Adam Sandler, Dustin Hoffman, Alan King, Roman Polanski, Wolf Blitzer, Steven Spielberg...

list goes on ...

Why are they so over-represented?
    There's a historic reason why jews tend to choose "free" jobs. In the Middle ages, jews were often barred from jobs in guilds, since discrimination against jews was very common. Since they had to make a living somehow, jews chose jobs that were not ruled by guilds: bankers, artists, traveling salesmen, etc. These sort of jobs consequently became "traditional" jewish professions, and the effect is still felt now even though jews are no longer barred from becoming bakers etc.
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 07:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    To what degree do Jews "feel persecuted" in the U.S. in 2010? Is there prescution?

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    None.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-defamation_league

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) is an international non-governmental organization based in the United States of America. Describing itself as "the nation's premier civil rights/human relations agency", the ADL states that it "fights anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry, defends democratic ideals and protects civil rights for all" [1] while it "[advocates] for Israel [...] with policymakers, the media and the public" and "defends the security of Israel and Jews worldwide".[1][2]

Tracking "extremists"

The ADL keeps track of the activities of various "extremist" groups and movements.[11] According to ADL Director Abe Foxman, "Our mission is to monitor and expose those who are anti-Jewish, racist, anti-democratic, and violence-prone, and we monitor them primarily by reading publications and attending public meetings …. Because extremist organizations are highly secretive, sometimes ADL can learn of their activities only by using undercover sources … [who] function in a manner directly analogous to investigative journalists. Some have performed great service to the American people—for example, by uncovering the existence of right-wing extremist paramilitary training camps—with no recognition and at considerable personal risk."[12] A person apprehended in connection to the 2002 white supremacist terror plot had drawn a cartoon of himself blowing up the Boston offices of the ADL.[13]

The ADL regularly releases reports on anti-Semitism and extremist activities on the far left and the far right. For instance, as part of its Law Enforcement Agency Resource Network (L.E.A.R.N.), the ADL has published information about the Militia Movement[14] in America and a guide for law enforcement officials titled Officer Safety and Extremists.[15] An archive of "The Militia Watchdog" research on U.S. right-wing extremism (including groups not specifically cited as anti-Semitic) from 1995 to 2000 is also available on the ADL website.[14]

In the 1990s, some details of the ADL's monitoring activities became public and controversial, including the fact that the ADL had gathered information about some non-extremist groups.
    [edit] Role in arrest of potential assassins of Barack Obama

In October 2008, the ADL reportedly assisted the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) by providing, on request, information on Daniel Cowart and Paul Schlesselman (as well as their associates and contacts) and on their ties to the Supreme White Alliance. Shortly thereafter, the two men were arrested on charges of plotting to murder dozens of African Americans and plotting to assassinate President-elect Barack Obama.[16][17]

7. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 07:27
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    There's a historic reason why jews tend to choose "free" jobs. In the Middle ages, jews were often barred from jobs in guilds, since discrimination against jews was very common. Since they had to make a living somehow, jews chose jobs that were not ruled by guilds: bankers, artists, traveling salesmen, etc. These sort of jobs consequently became "tradit ...[text shortened]... he effect is still felt now even though jews are no longer barred from becoming bakers etc.
    why do you think jews were discriminated???

up 'till current day: Kosher tax, occupation of Palestine, ZOG, Communism, Fascism.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 07:30
    why do you think jews were discriminated???

up 'till current day: Kosher tax, occupation of Palestine, ZOG, Communism, Fascism.
    Because people are mostly morons and tend to dislike people not like them, I think.

There's an evolutionary explanation for xenophoby/racism, read the Wiki article on kin selection.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 08:12
    Because people are mostly morons and tend to dislike people not like them, I think.

There's an evolutionary explanation for xenophoby/racism, read the Wiki article on kin selection.
    are you telling me jews aren't capable of racism?
  10. Germany
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 11:10
    are you telling me jews aren't capable of racism?
    No, what I'm saying is that xenophobia/racism is intuitive behaviour for all humans (including jews of course). You have to learn to not be it.
  11. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 14:36
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well its about the same talking about Harry Reids negros. I wonder how many slaves he has? In fact, is Harry Reid a Jew? With those beedy little eyes I am beginning to wonder.
    On first reading, EmLasker's diction clearly put the "Jewish occupation of the media", with the claim that Jews are "over-represented", in a negative light and hence my mild rebuke that the thread would be considered "distasteful". Apparently, EmLasker was making a joke. Fair enough, I don't have a bead on everyone's sense of humour and I miss a few from time to time.
  12. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 14:40
    No, what I'm saying is that xenophobia/racism is intuitive behaviour for all humans (including jews of course). You have to learn to not be it.
    I agree that xenophobia/racism is an intuitive behaviour, although I don't think it necessarily follows that you have to learn to not be it (it's entirely possible that those instincts are quite mild or intermittent in many individuals such that those instincts never manifest in action), however by and large I agree that it's an instinct that needs to be quelled.
  13. silicon valley
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 17:02
    On first reading, EmLasker's diction clearly put the "Jewish occupation of the media", with the claim that Jews are "over-represented", in a negative light and hence my mild rebuke that the thread would be considered "distasteful". Apparently, EmLasker was making a joke. Fair enough, I don't have a bead on everyone's sense of humour and I miss a few from time to time.
    how do we know EmLasker was joking?
  14. Germany
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 18:271 edit
    I agree that xenophobia/racism is an intuitive behaviour, although I don't think it necessarily follows that you have to learn to not be it (it's entirely possible that those instincts are quite mild or intermittent in many individuals such that those instincts never manifest in action), however by and large I agree that it's an instinct that needs to be quelled.
    Yes, to clarify my statement; such "learning" may be implicit if one is raised in an environment where tolerance is preached.
  15. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 21:34
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    how do we know EmLasker was joking?
    sh76 seems to think EmLasker was joking:

At least EmLasker is being facetious about it; or at least he generally is when he posts this sorts of thing.

I guess we can't know for sure, but sh76 seems relatively confident so I'll take his word for it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree