1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 16:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    We get it, Trump is worser. He'll start WW3 sooner or bigger or something. Whatever.

Thanks for that.

No go vote for Hillary and then take a shower.
    So if I criticize the corrupt Republican warmonger, then I'm wrong, right?

You are an immense hypocrite.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 19:19
    When have you accused Hillary of lying about anything?

Seems to me you only come here to defend her.
    I don't believe she's really against the TPP or the Keystone Pipeline nor do I think she would actually attempt to pass any of the banking reform regulations that she posts on her website.

Sorry if that is boring policy; let's get back to e-mails or something equally trivial.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 20:07
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I don't believe she's really against the TPP or the Keystone Pipeline nor do I think she would actually attempt to pass any of the banking reform regulations that she posts on her website.

Sorry if that is boring policy; let's get back to e-mails or something equally trivial.
    Nothing trivial like giving up sensitive information to national security and then using bleach bit to destroy your e-mails and then taking a hammer to the servers.

Nope, nothing trivial like that.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 20:131 edit
    [b]Nothing trivial like giving up sensitive information to national security and then using bleach bit to destroy your e-mails and then taking a hammer to the servers.

Nope, nothing trivial like that.[/b
    The first part is a lie no matter how many times you or other right wingers repeat it. There has been zero evidence produced that anything from HRC's e-mail account went to the nation's enemies.

The second part IS trivial and kinda dumb; just because a piece of freeware using the term "bleach" in its title, you dumbasses think it's super duper effective when computer experts have stated that if one really wanted to wipe a server thoroughly they'd use something far more effective than something you could download off the web.

The third is also trivial, if true.

Like I said, throughout this entire campaign right wingers have hardly discussed policy at all. This is hardly surprising as polls show virtually every Republican position is deeply unpopular.
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 20:15
    http://www.inquisitr.com/3691261/world-war-3-hillary-clinton-presidency-is-a-mushroom-cloud-waiting-to-happen-says-jill-stein/

So where is the green party activist marauder with this latest revelation?

Oh, I guess he is getting ready to vote HRC.
    I voted for Jill Stein today.

I do think Hillary would be more likely to get us into a nuclear war than Trump.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 20:20
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    I voted for Jill Stein today.

I do think Hillary would be more likely to get us into a nuclear war than Trump.
    Trump's quite volatile and vindictive (qualities that you really don't want someone with a finger on the nuclear trigger to have); however, if he based a nuclear fire order on a Rosie O'Donnell-like slight from a foreign leader, I'm fairly confident the military would have the good sense to shoot him.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 20:29
    Originally posted by vivify
    Maybe you're thinking I'm being sarcastic with Hillary starting WW III. I wasn't. Her no fly zone proposal is a horrendous idea.

The problem is, Trump would be a leader who acts first, and thinks second. Just look at how he conducts himself; he's already indicating an uprising if he so much as loses the election.

Given that he has openly stated tha ...[text shortened]... gladly. Why would you not speak against a man who would gladly commit war crimes as president?
    "Her no fly zone proposal is a horrendous idea. "
    which she, not being trump, will reconsider once her staff and everyone else point out exactly how bad of an idea it is. she will compromise. she will negotiate.

yes, it is a bad idea but you are naive if you think she would actually do it.
  8. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 20:39
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Trump's quite volatile and vindictive (qualities that you really don't want someone with a finger on the nuclear trigger to have); however, if he based a nuclear fire order on a Rosie O'Donnell-like slight from a foreign leader, I'm fairly confident the military would have the good sense to shoot him.
    Trump cares too much for his own skin to risk it getting burned by a nuclear exchange. Hillary, on the other hand, is more likely to get us incrementally and inextricably entangled in a geopolitical pissing match with Russia or some other regional power in the celebrated tradition of Neocons before her. The pressure would then be upon her to "prove her manhood" by resorting to force.

As you say, if Trump were to order a nuclear strike over something trivial the military would not play along.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 21:11
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "Her no fly zone proposal is a horrendous idea. "
    which she, not being trump, will reconsider once her staff and everyone else point out exactly how bad of an idea it is. she will compromise. she will negotiate.

yes, it is a bad idea but you are naive if you think she would actually do it.
    True; but, it shows where her mind is at, and that she would seriously consider a policy that could lead to war. If Trump gets elected and doesn't actually ban Muslims, that doesn't change that we have a good glimpse into his mind regarding Muslims, and restricting personal liberties.

If Trump is elected and doesn't ban Muslims, we can bet that somewhere along the way, he will propose a measure that is similarly terrible. The same with Hillary and the No Fly Zone.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 21:281 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    True; but, it shows where her mind is at, and that she would seriously consider a policy that could lead to war. If Trump gets elected and doesn't actually ban Muslims, that doesn't change that we have a good glimpse into his mind regarding Muslims, and restricting personal liberties.

If Trump is elected and doesn't ban Muslims, we can bet that somewher ...[text shortened]... e will propose a measure that is similarly terrible. The same with Hillary and the No Fly Zone.
    It's hard really to say what Trump's foreign policy would be; he's flipflopped on so many issues that it's difficult to take any of his presently stated policy positions seriously.

In office, I think he would be a fairly standard Republican including on foreign policy meaning he'd be militarily aggressive; he does want a massive military buildup and promises to defeat ISIS quickly (doesn't say how).

EDIT: IN a debate in March, he offhandedly proposed sending 20,000-30,000 US ground troops to Iraq and Syria to "knock hell out of ISIS".http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/11/politics/donald-trump-30000-troops-isis/
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '16 22:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree