1. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 19:44
    Originally posted by DrKF
    I'd be happy to contribute to whodey's (presumably substantial) medical bills for the head pills. He seems to have stopped taking them recently (perhaps to prove his point about being allowed to pay nothing) and it's worrying to think what will happen if this continues indefinitely. Although at some point he'll presumably stop using the internet entirely, belie ...[text shortened]... intermediary point of indeterminate length and increasing weirdness that I want stopped.
    I finally found a Tea Party candidate who will go on the record about his views:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/18/elect-the-willfully-ignorant_n_766659.html

(I secretly suspect that whodey is this guys's campaign-manager.)
  2. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 21:44
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    I finally found a Tea Party candidate who will go on the record about his views:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/18/elect-the-willfully-ignorant_n_766659.html

More please.
  3. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 22:13
    The more I hear about this Joe Miller guy - the less I believe what he says. He sounds like a typical backstabbing leech trying to ensure that his government employment and benefits continue. I would think failing to answer questions about your previous government job would disqualify you from seeking another - let's hope the voters see it the same way.
  4. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 18:59
    From an eyewitness (and Miller supporter) at the scene (proving that the excuses offered were lies):

"I would say Tony was aggressive, and I would say he was rude because he interrupted me, but he didn't do anything wrong and he wasn't posing a threat to Miller," Symbol said.

She said Miller tried to get away from the reporter and in doing so put his hand on her arm and pushed her aside. Her 8-year-old son, Vincent Mahoney, was standing right behind her, and Miller bowled him over in his attempt to get away. "I don't know if [Miller] didn't see him or didn't care, but he didn't say 'excuse me' or 'I'm sorry'. He didn't even turn his head," Symbol said. "He simply did not care at all."

Symbol said after Miller fled, she turned and saw Hopfinger trying to get around the security guards who were blocking his way. "They kept pushing him back. He kept saying, 'I have a right to be here, I have a right to be asking these questions.' Tony would try to walk forward and they would push him back."

Symbol said she did not see Hopfinger push anyone in the time she was watching the confrontation.
  5. silicon valley
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 10:21
    http://www.thirdage.com/news/tony-hopfinger-detained-gathering-senate-hopeful-joe-miller_10-18-2010

William Fulton, owner of the security firm hired by the Miller campaign, said they had rented the space from the school and had the right to declare anyone in trespass. He said Hopfinger was "stalking" Miller and posed a security threat.

Hopfinger, holding a video camera, said he was trying to ask Miller for a statement on why he was disciplined when he was a part-time attorney for the Fairbanks North Star Borough. After the candidate walked away, Hopfinger said he was surrounded by Miller supporters and security guards and felt threatened, so he shoved one of them, the newspaper said.

Read more: http://www.thirdage.com/news/tony-hopfinger-detained-gathering-senate-hopeful-joe-miller_10-18-2010#ixzz1358FVuaJ
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 11:07
    Originally posted by TerrierJack

The left is scurring arouind like roaches trying to find a way to bring this guy down like they did the witch running in Deleware or Sarah Palin. Good luck with that!!

Ok, Ok, I'll put my endorsement in for Joe Miller FOR PRESIDENT!!! 😵
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 14:532 edits
    Originally posted by DrKF
    I'd be happy to contribute to whodey's (presumably substantial) medical bills for the head pills. He seems to have stopped taking them recently (perhaps to prove his point about being allowed to pay nothing) and it's worrying to think what will happen if this continues indefinitely. Although at some point he'll presumably stop using the internet entirely, belie intermediary point of indeterminate length and increasing weirdness that I want stopped.
    Why do all leftists question a persons sanity when they disagree with them policially? Its like the guy who got fired from NPR. They come out and say he must have a psychiatrist.

In all fairness, I suppose I would do the same if I were in your position since you don't have a leg to stand on otherwise. Its like Joe Miller. He is focused and stays on topic which is to point out the fiscal insanity and tne need to change course. I think Joe can since he is a former Vietnam Vet and seems articulate and intelligent. In short, people ,like Joe Miller are your worst nightmare.

In the interim, feel free to continue digging into his past and provoking incidents with him like in the OP to try and destroy him. 😵
  8. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 15:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why do all leftists question a persons sanity when they disagree with them policially? Its like the guy who got fired from NPR. They come out and say he must have a psychiatrist.

In all fairness, I suppose I would do the same if I were in your position since you don't have a leg to stand on otherwise. Its like Joe Miller. He is focused and stays on top ...[text shortened]... gging into his past and provoking incidents with him like in the OP to try and destroy him. 😵
    Yeah, 'cause Republicans would never dig into the past to find something to discredit an opposition politician.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree