1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 02:391 edit
    “It is more important that innocence be protected than it is that guilt be punished, for guilt and crimes are so frequent in this world that they cannot all be punished.

But if innocence itself is brought to the bar and condemned, perhaps to die, then the citizen will say, 'whether I do good or whether I do evil is immaterial, for innocence itself is no protection,' and if such an idea as that were to take hold in the mind of the citizen that would be the end of security whatsoever.”
    John Adams

Seems like today no one is innocent once a single accusation is made.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 03:00
    What takes away from your post is the complete lack of sincerity your fellow conservatives display.

With Kavanaugh, none of you cared if he was guilty or not. So many conservatives kept saying things like "why should he be punished for something that happened so long ago", or "what teenage boy hasn't done that?, the later of which which is a monumentally stupid and irrelevant question. You guys decided you would defend one of your own no matter what. Same with Roy Moore; same with Trump.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 03:20
    @vivify said
    What takes away from your post is the complete lack of sincerity your fellow conservatives display.

With Kavanaugh, none of you cared if he was guilty or not. So many conservatives kept saying things like "why should he be punished for something that happened so long ago", or "what teenage boy hasn't done that?, the later of which which is a monumentally stupid and irrel ...[text shortened]... guys decided you would defend one of your own no matter what. Same with Roy Moore; same with Trump.
    That is the issue in a nut shell, Kavanaugh was either guilty or not. That should
    have been the only topic, not what that "fellow" belong to. Your lumping
    people into groups, just shows for you it isn't about guilt or not, its only about the
    groups people belong to.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '18 16:30
    It is just typical leftist policy..track down a girl who knew the guy 30 years ago and see if she is willing to make accusations against him.

It is getting old.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '18 16:44
    @kellyjay said
    “It is more important that innocence be protected than it is that guilt be punished, for guilt and crimes are so frequent in this world that they cannot all be punished.

But if innocence itself is brought to the bar and condemned, perhaps to die, then the citizen will say, 'whether I do good or whether I do evil is immaterial, for innocence itself is no protection,' and i ...[text shortened]... whatsoever.”
    John Adams

Seems like today no one is innocent once a single accusation is made.
    You got it all wrong.

A civilized society does away with the death penalty while throwing innocent babies in dumpsters.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree