1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '10 20:35
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Do you pay excise taxes before you are actually billed for them?
    I pay my income tax before I'm billed for it. The last time I had to pay excise tax, I payed it as part of the price of the car.
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 02:37
    Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
    Do you live on big Macs?
    No, I live on 12 acres, mostly wooded. A little over 2 acres is field I think.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 02:39
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I pay my income tax before I'm billed for it. The last time I had to pay excise tax, I payed it as part of the price of the car.
    Because that was when it was collected by the appropriate taxing authorities.

The whining about a $500 tax bill (which apparently hasn't been billed) is amazingly hypocritical by right wingers.
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 02:47
    Originally posted by Eladar
    So you give John Kerry a pass because he's a liberal. Replace his name with Rush Limbaugh and the libs here were be going crazy.
    I'm not giving anybody a pass. At the end of the day, there is no diffence between Kerry and Limbaugh. They both stay at the Waldorf, while you and I type out futile and meaningless opinions in cyberspace and scoop up whatever crumbs they may leave in their wake.
  5. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 02:56
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    I'm not giving anybody a pass. At the end of the day, there is no diffence between Kerry and Limbaugh. They both stay at the Waldorf, while you and I type out futile and meaningless opinions in cyberspace and scoop up whatever crumbs they may leave in their wake.
    Just pawns in their game, as it were.
  6. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 03:131 edit
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Just pawns in their game, as it were.
    Thats it exactly. Pass the ketchup please.
  7. Joined
    18 May '09
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 13:252 edits
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    No, I live on 12 acres, mostly wooded. A little over 2 acres is field I think.
    I live on 21 acres, and we in the UK regard a taste for 'ketchup' as being fit only for 'big Mac' gormandizers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree