1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '10 19:511 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I read that too, but it doesn't make any sense to me. How can you be charged sales tax by a State for an out of State purchase? The same article says he brought the yacht in Rhode Island. If I pick up a six pack of Miller High Lite when I'm visiting friends in New Hampshire, I don't pay NY tax on it if it's still in my cooler (unlikely but possible) when I return to NYS.

Maybe some tax expert can clear this up.
    Oregon has no state sales tax,, so It's a great time for me to make major purchases.. However, if my brother buys a car here, when he licenses it in wyoming, he'll pay a sales tax on that car in wyoming.
    When Hynix started building here in Eugene, the local police started watching cars in the lot.. they have 30 days to register their vehicles, and get oregon plates and titles, Like clockwork, they started handing out tickets to those who still had out of state license plates on them.
    while I was living in Utah, alot of people bought and licesensed cars in oregon, giving false addres information, as I said earlier,, thet State of Utah reall cracked down hard on them,, I think they caught most people, when they bragged too much, and a co-worker turned them it?? Lol
    boats are the same, you buy and license them in the state where you live.
    If I haul my ATV to wyoming, I will be ok on private roads, but they allow the use of them in town...for that I will need to purchase a wyoming tag.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree