http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/thu-august-18-2011-anne-hathaway
  2. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 19:19
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Hilarious! And insightful.

He is in top form lately. I wonder if his ratings would be anywhere near what they are but for Fox News.
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 20:30

Damn! I finally got around to watching it. I'm supposed to be outraged that 99 percent of poor people own a refrigerator?! How do Fox News jerkholes sleep at night?!
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 22:161 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Damn! I finally got around to watching it. I'm supposed to be outraged that 99 percent of poor people own a refrigerator?! How do Fox News jerkholes sleep at night?!
    An interesting point is that the bottom 50% of earners have 2.5% of the wealth.

So while Boner wants to increase tax revenue by "expanding the tax pool" (code for increasing taxes on the poor), doing so would amount to nothing because they just about have nothing.

You would to take HALF of everything the bottom 50% own to equal taxing the top two tax brackets what they were paying in the 90's in order to equal the same tax revenue.

Here's another fact. The top 400 richest people in the country have more wealth the half of the entire country combined.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 22:20

So while Boner wants to increase tax revenue by "expanding the tax pool" (code for increasing taxes on the poor), doing so would amount to nothing because they just about have nothing.

You would to take HALF of everything the bottom 50% own to equal taxing the t ...[text shortened]... chest people in the country have more wealth the half of the entire country combined.
    I bet you're a pretty good shot if you know what you're supposed to hit.
  6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 22:31
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I bet you're a pretty good shot if you know what you're supposed to hit.
    I'm a good shot. But why would you assume that?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 23:47
    I'm a good shot. But why would you assume that?
    Your handle
  8. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 07:27

You would to take HALF of everything the bottom 50% own to equal taxing the t ...[text shortened]... chest people in the country have more wealth the half of the entire country combined.
    Yeah, one minute 700 billion is a pittance. The next minute a million dollars cut from NPR is, well, "you have to start somewhere."

But the war on the poor continues, with the rhetoric ratcheted up several decibels higher than even Reagan with his "welfare queens" and "truly needy" crap.
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 15:49

Where is the Daily equivalent attacking the nonsense on MSNBC?

This piece entirely ignores the basic truth that Congress and Presidents have consistently spent more than revenue, and that raising taxes will not reduce the deficit or debt. More revenues will create more irresponsible government programs, and more dependency. This is historical fact not fantasy.

Stewart makes no refutation of the Fox people's comments. Instead he isolates and takes things out of context, distorting, and misrepresenting to a friendly audience.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 16:11
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Stewart makes no refutation of the Fox people's comments. Instead he isolates and takes things out of context, distorting, and misrepresenting to a friendly audience.
    Some people think Jon Stewart is funny, others think Ann Coulter is funny. Different strokes I suppose.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 16:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    Some people think Jon Stewart is funny, others think Ann Coulter is funny. Different strokes I suppose.
    I think he's funny, but don't take seriously anything he says.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 16:23
    And I think the same about Coulter.
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 16:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    And I think the same about Coulter.
    The difference is that Coulter is trying to be serious.
  14. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 17:11
    Well, he's a comedian. The problem is that a comedian is providing the best news coverage in the country right now.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 23:08
    Originally posted by sh76
    The difference is that Coulter is trying to be serious.
    Which - in a way - makes her all the funnier.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree