1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 01:38
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Where is the Daily equivalent attacking the nonsense on MSNBC?

This piece entirely ignores the basic truth that Congress and Presidents have consistently spent more than revenue, and that raising taxes will not reduce the deficit or debt. More revenues will create more irresponsible government programs, and more dependency. This is historical fact no ...[text shortened]... olates and takes things out of context, distorting, and misrepresenting to a friendly audience.
    Actually Stewart makes fun of MSNBC all the time, and he's also made commentary about the deficit.

By the way, please cite specifically which Fox commentary he took out of context and provide the correct context for us. Your failure to do so will be an acknowledgment that you're assuming, and you have no idea what you're talking about.
  2. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 02:31
    Jon Stewart has skewered Democrats on many an occasion. He also slammed Newsweek's photo of Bachman.

Meanwhile, The Nation Magazine argues that Stewart is doing Obama's job for him.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/162872/jon-stewart-does-obamas-job-him
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 23:44
    Where is the Daily equivalent attacking the nonsense on MSNBC?

This piece entirely ignores the basic truth that Congress and Presidents have consistently spent more than revenue, and that raising taxes will not reduce the deficit or debt. More revenues will create more irresponsible government programs, and more dependency. This is historical fact no ...[text shortened]... olates and takes things out of context, distorting, and misrepresenting to a friendly audience.
    glad some people can see that,, he's a comedian,,DUH
  4. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 23:46
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I bet you're a pretty good shot if you know what you're supposed to hit.
    he's behind a desk recruiting,, still he may be a good shot..
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 00:23
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Actually Stewart makes fun of MSNBC all the time, and he's also made commentary about the deficit.

By the way, please cite specifically which Fox commentary he took out of context and provide the correct context for us. Your failure to do so will be an acknowledgment that you're assuming, and you have no idea what you're talking about.
    You really want me to have to listen to that crap twice?

If you watched Fox you'ld know, and I do watch about the same amount of MSNBC as Fox. Not a whole lot of either.
  6. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 00:29

If you watched Fox you'ld know, and I do watch about the same amount of MSNBC as Fox. Not a whole lot of either.
    I didn't hear about it either, and I do watch Fox occasionally. Given the freakout at Fox over Stewart's constant manhandling of them, they would jump at the chance to take Stewart down a notch or two. I haven't seen it. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but I've been looking for some kind of counterattack, and really all they have is their Sunday morning show guy calling him a political operative.
  7. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 01:542 edits
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    he's behind a desk recruiting,, still he may be a good shot..
    ummm... no. I haven't been on recruiter duty since 2008 you dolt. And "hiding"? I've never hid from anything. How many combat tours have you done? What are you hiding from?
  8. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 02:05
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    I didn't hear about it either, and I do watch Fox occasionally. Given the freakout at Fox over Stewart's constant manhandling of them, they would jump at the chance to take Stewart down a notch or two. I haven't seen it. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but I've been looking for some kind of counterattack, and really all they have is their Sunday morning show guy calling him a political operative.
    Oh, they've "fought back" a couple of times. And then Steward just makes fun of their retort.

If Stewart were to take anything out of context believe me, we'd hear about it from fox.

YouTube
  9. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 05:18
    For awhile they were just ignoring him. But an analysis several months ago suggested that he was taking a toll on their ratings from politically moderate viewers, and that's when they started wigging out.
  10. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 01:24
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    ummm... no. I haven't been on recruiter duty since 2008 you dolt. And "hiding"? I've never hid from anything. How many combat tours have you done? What are you hiding from?
    Huge Glass? I asked you a question.
  11. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 03:391 edit

Surely you're not suggesting that Stewart mischaracterized the mainstream Fox contributor/analyst/news anchor's opinion on whether to cut spending that predominantly affects the poor versus to raise marginal tax rates and cut tax loopholes on the wealthiest Americans? "Taking a comment out of context" usually implies a mischaracterization, not just editing words into a funny soundbite.
  12. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 05:26
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Surely you're not suggesting that Stewart mischaracterized the mainstream Fox contributor/analyst/news anchor's opinion on whether to cut spending that predominantly affects the poor versus to raise marginal tax rates and cut tax loopholes on the wealthiest Americans? "Taking a comment out of context" usually implies a mischaracterization, not just editing words into a funny soundbite.
    It's kind of hit and run. You make the claim and then refuse to address questions about the specifics by dismissing them as hair splitting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree