1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 May '22 21:20
    230,000 apprehensions just in April, so thank God. Will there be chaos and anarchy at Biden’s border? You are aware that the number of aliens would be 500,000/month without title 14. I never can figure if Biden is doing a god job at the border. Federal judge thinks not, it seems. How about you folks? Good job?
    Or are you going to say this sucks because repubs think it is GREAT!!!!
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 May '22 21:561 edit
    Title 42 was enacted because of the pandemic. By keeping it in place, does this indicate that the pandemic is not over? If so, does this mean we need to go back to keeping COVID mandates in place?

Does a federal judge need to over-rule DeSantis blocking vaccination and mask requirements for air or boat travel? Or is this judge (who is from Louisiana and likely a bible-belt conservative) wrong?

If the pandemic that was the reason for Title 42 is over, there's no reason to keep it in place. It's not the judge's job to decide the merit of an existing law; a judge merely decides if the application of a law was properly followed.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 May '22 22:01
    @averagejoe1 said
    230,000 apprehensions just in April
    Keep in mind that this doesn't mean unique apprehensions. Many of those caught at the border are people who repeatedly try to get through and are on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or more attempts.
  4. Joined
    23 Feb '22
    Moves
    20 May '22 22:37
    @averagejoe1 said
    230,000 apprehensions just in April, so thank God.
    Where do the apprehended illegals go to?
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 May '22 22:55
    @jj-adams said
    Where do the apprehended illegals go to?
    They're sent back. Many, if not most, try to re-enter and are apprehended again.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 May '22 23:40
    @vivify said
    Title 42 was enacted because of the pandemic. By keeping it in place, does this indicate that the pandemic is not over? If so, does this mean we need to go back to keeping COVID mandates in place?

Does a federal judge need to over-rule DeSantis blocking vaccination and mask requirements for air or boat travel? Or is this judge (who is from Louisiana and likely a bible-bel ...[text shortened]... merit of an existing law; a judge merely decides if the application of a law was properly followed.
    the pandemic is not over in many parts of the world
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 May '22 23:42
    @vivify said
    They're sent back. Many, if not most, try to re-enter and are apprehended again.
    and how do you know this?
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 May '22 23:54
    @mott-the-hoople said
    and how do you know this?
    https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2021/07/21/border-encounters-surge-as-migrants-make-repeated-crossing-attempts/

"Border encounters surge, as migrants make repeated crossing attempts"
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    21 May '22 00:43
    @AverageJoe1

This is incredible. It sure looks like the Right is coming back into power.
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 May '22 01:19
    @vivify said
    Then since you suggest that the planes and busses are not taking them anywhere into the USA, Can JJ and I use them for a trip to Vail , I hear there is still some snow on the ground.
    Jesus. You fellers should write some fiction.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 May '22 01:21
    @mott-the-hoople said
    the pandemic is not over in many parts of the world
    Dont confuse them, Mott....we have them on the ropes. Although, their next post will probably say 'how much sugar to do you put in your lemonade' .
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 May '22 01:23
    @vivify said
    Keep in mind that this doesn't mean unique apprehensions. Many of those caught at the border are people who repeatedly try to get through and are on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or more attempts.
    Well, then that changes everything. So, not near as many people are crossing over the border as reported? Can you link that one?
    Hey everybody,,,,,is this reality??:
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 May '22 01:25
    You know, it is a bit late and I have imbibed a bit, yet I can make perfect sense when responding to the above drivel . Absolutely unbelievable, these libs, amidst their confusion.
    Like shooting fish in a barrel, my granny used to say. Just unbelievable.....and the Jimmm person has not even commentd!!
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 May '22 02:00
    @averagejoe1 said
    So, not near as many people are crossing over the border as reported? Can you link that one?
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/immigration/2021/07/16/border-crossings-rise-despite-the-heat-but-many-are-repeat-crossers/
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 03:42
    @vivify said

Does a federal judge need to over-rule DeSantis blocking vaccination and mask requirements for air or boat travel? Or is this judge (who is from Louisiana and likely a bible-bel ...[text shortened]... merit of an existing law; a judge merely decides if the application of a law was properly followed.
    Don't you know?

Freedom is only for white people.

Republicans are nothing if not hypocritical.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree