1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '18 19:27
    @kazetnagorra said
    Perjury is (to my knowledge) a felony.
    sure it is...two of the witnesses are being investigated for perjury.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '18 19:32
    @no1marauder said
    I directly quoted your FoxNews article. See the the second to last paragraph of it.

And yes everybody knows it was a "limited" investigation even the Donald:

In reversal, Trump orders new FBI probe of Kavanaugh, says it must be’ limited in scope’ and last no longer than a week.

https://kwwl.com/news/top-stories/2018/09/28/breaking-president-trump-authorizes-fbi- ...[text shortened]... "

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-kavanaugh-20180928-story.html
    Trump didn't "limit" anything...A limited investigation is what they asked for.

https://www.businessinsider.com/democrats-score-a-win-as-jeff-flake-and-other-republicans-demand-fbi-investigation-2018-9
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '18 19:331 edit
    @no1marauder said
    What it says is you are making a false claim; the Republican majority on the Senate Judiciary Committee is not the FBI.

The FBI report of their " limited FBI probe" (as described in your article) has not been released.
    "The FBI report of their " limited FBI probe" (as described in your article) has not been released."

Here is a good example of marerider lying by omission...he forgot to mention The FBI doesn't release its findings to the public.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Nov '18 19:52
    @mott-the-hoople said
    "The FBI report of their " limited FBI probe" (as described in your article) has not been released."

Here is a good example of marerider lying by omission...he forgot to mention The FBI doesn't release its findings to the public.
    There is no lie; if the Executive Branch wanted to release it, they could
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '18 20:03
    @no1marauder said
    There is no lie; if the Executive Branch wanted to release it, they could
    So the FBI could find all kinds of evidence of guilt and the President could suppress it?

What good is the FBI then?
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Nov '18 20:34
    @whodey said
    So the FBI could find all kinds of evidence of guilt and the President could suppress it?

What good is the FBI then?
    Right wingers want to abolish the FBI now?

The President is in charge of the Executive Branch and the FBI is part of that branch. Unless limited by law, he is free to do with it what he pleases.

Several Republican Senators, like Lindsey Graham, declared they wanted the FBI investigation report made public but those statements were made before it was completed. After they read it, they no longer seemed so anxious for the People to see it. That's an odd thing if it totally exonerates Kavanaugh.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    05 Nov '18 21:49
    @mott-the-hoople said
    sure it is...two of the witnesses are being investigated for perjury.
    Not a clue what you're talking about, but Kavanaugh told at least three bald-faced lies during the hearing: about the meaning of "devil's triangle" and "boofing," and about getting admission to college with "no connections."
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '18 01:05
    Well, well, more accusers of Kav are proven to be hoaxes.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/3/another-kavanaugh-accuser-admits-fabricating-rape-/
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '18 01:06
    @no1marauder said
    Right wingers want to abolish the FBI now?

The President is in charge of the Executive Branch and the FBI is part of that branch. Unless limited by law, he is free to do with it what he pleases.

Several Republican Senators, like Lindsey Graham, declared they wanted the FBI investigation report made public but those statements were made before it was completed. After ...[text shortened]... seemed so anxious for the People to see it. That's an odd thing if it totally exonerates Kavanaugh.
    Did I say that? Another Strawman, eh?

I guess this means you see a problem with the system as well.

So what should be done?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Nov '18 01:07
    @whodey said
    Did I say that? Another Strawman, eh?

I guess this means you see a problem with the system as well.

So what should be done?
    The FBI investigation report should be made public.
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '18 02:15
    @kazetnagorra said
    Not a clue what you're talking about, but Kavanaugh told at least three bald-faced lies during the hearing: about the meaning of "devil's triangle" and "boofing," and about getting admission to college with "no connections."
    Kav never lied...didnt have to. So far 3 people are being investigated for lying about rape accusations, one for witness tampering
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Nov '18 03:01
    @mott-the-hoople said
    Kav never lied...didnt have to. So far 3 people are being investigated for lying about rape accusations, one for witness tampering
    You actually don't know if any of them are being investigated; all you know is that Chuck Grassley asked that they be investigated.
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    06 Nov '18 04:52
    @mott-the-hoople said
    multiple felonies? that is laughable
    He lied to the senate.
    As I’ve pointed out, his lying and his disdain should be enough to make him unfit to carry out any function as judge.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    06 Nov '18 07:42
    @mott-the-hoople said
    He lied at least about the three things I mentioned. What do you think "devil's triangle," "boofing" and "no connections" mean? Would you commit a crime to lie about the meaning of these terms?
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '18 14:41
    @shavixmir said
    He lied to the senate.
    As I’ve pointed out, his lying and his disdain should be enough to make him unfit to carry out any function as judge.
    YOU were lying when you pointed it out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree