Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    01 Jul '10 23:06
    I paraphrase:

    Under American Constitution the President is the administrator of the American people foreign policy. And the government should strive to give the people the facts that will help them plan the foreign policy.


    This was around the mid 60's and boy!, things have changed in the land of Freedom and Democracy.
    I'd love to see an American senator say these words on national television in this day and age.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiLV-Xeh8bA

    This is what democracy should be about, but sadly it isn't.
    What have changed in America in these last 50 years that such a view among an American senator isn't even a mirage?
  2. 02 Jul '10 02:33
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    I paraphrase:

    Under American Constitution the President is the administrator of the American people foreign policy. And the government should strive to give the people the facts that will help them plan the foreign policy.


    This was around the mid 60's and boy!, things have changed in the land of Freedom and Democracy.
    I'd love to s ...[text shortened]... erica in these last 50 years that such a view among an American senator isn't even a mirage?
    Why don't you tell us all knowing Guru?
  3. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    02 Jul '10 09:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Why don't you tell us all knowing Guru?
    If I knew the answer I wouldn't ask, all ignoring Simpleton.
  4. 03 Jul '10 04:27
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    I paraphrase:

    Under American Constitution the President is the administrator of the American people foreign policy. And the government should strive to give the people the facts that will help them plan the foreign policy.


    This was around the mid 60's and boy!, things have changed in the land of Freedom and Democracy.
    I'd love to s ...[text shortened]... erica in these last 50 years that such a view among an American senator isn't even a mirage?
    what changed your opinion between now and 2008? did it occur in Jan. 2009?
  5. 05 Jul '10 15:40
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    If I knew the answer I wouldn't ask, all ignoring Simpleton.
    Oh that's right,, excuse me,, I get wrapped up in FMF posts,,, ignoramus?
  6. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    05 Jul '10 16:04
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Oh that's right,, excuse me,, I get wrapped up in FMF posts,,, ignoramus?
    Are you saying that you have confused me with FMF?

    That's low...