1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 20:38
    Looks like the Dutch have given the right-wing populism of Wilders a massive kick in the nuts.

And it looks like left and right are reasonably equal.

Could have been much worse.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 20:39
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Looks like the Dutch have given the right-wing populism of Wilders a massive kick in the nuts.

Kick in the balls means equal.

Ok
  3. RSA
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 20:471 edit

Yeah seems like the netherlands retains its place as a country to look up to. I was never really worried, but this was better than we could have hoped.
  4. RSA
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 20:49

one down one to go
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 20:57
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Kick in the balls means equal.

Ok
    Wilders (the populist of populists) gets about 19 seats out of 150.
    And has no chance of being in power.

That is a kick in the balls if you follow the amount of noise the populist parties in the Netherlands, France and Germany are creating.
  6. RSA
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 21:05

That is a kick in the balls if you follow the amount of noise the populist parties in the Netherlands, France and Germany are creating.
    I'm not sure which is worse: a guy who calls Moroccans scum and wants to ban a whole group or people he disagrees with(sound familiar? Adolf cough cough) or a woman from a holocaust denialist party with a slightly less anti Islam stance. This would have been unthinkable five years ago, but the Dutch have shown they are still the tolerant country I believed they were.

Just France to go.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 21:11

Europeans are too brainwashed to believe the left to vote in anyone that would stand up for their country.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 21:32
    Originally posted by Ashiitaka
    I'm not sure which is worse: a guy who calls Moroccans scum and wants to ban a whole group or people he disagrees with(sound familiar? Adolf cough cough) or a woman from a holocaust denialist party with a slightly less anti Islam stance. This would have been unthinkable five years ago, but the Dutch have shown they are still the tolerant country I believed they were.

Just France to go.
    Germany too!

Oh yes, believe it or not, they have right-wing populists as well (somehow one just can't imagine something like that in Germany....).
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 21:35
    Europeans are too brainwashed to believe the left to vote in anyone that would stand up for their country.
    Sort of like Rutte not standing up to Erdogan?
    Or the Dutch having an average of 4,5 weeks of paid vacation a year... and the lowest prison population in the world and one of the lowest crime rates...

Classic Dutch food is crap though... I'll give you that with a frikandel drowned in mayonnaise...
  10. Germany
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 21:37
    It must be those visits to Holocaust memorial sites.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 21:39
    Sort of like Rutte not standing up to Erdogan?
    Or the Dutch having an average of 4,5 weeks of paid vacation a year... and the lowest prison population in the world and one of the lowest crime rates...

Classic Dutch food is crap though... I'll give you that with a frikandel drowned in mayonnaise...
    Dutch haute cuisine is conquering the world at a breakneck pace. Here in the South of France you can buy frikandellen in the supermarket.
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 21:54
    Given that the party that gained the most seats in the election is the VVD and is centre right that statement is breathtakingly asinine.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 21:542 edits

Wow the Dutch are a country of European Snowflakes, unbelievable wussiness. This faux right nonsense will only end in heartache. 😵
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 21:56
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    It must be those visits to Holocaust memorial sites.
    Makes you believe you must import Islamists, some of whom declare war on you?

Your logic is screwed up.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 22:01
    Makes you believe you must import Islamists, some of whom declare war on you?

Your logic is screwed up.
    It might make one believe what sort of consequences hate, bigotry and racism might have.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree