1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 01:39
    http://www.lemondrop.com/2009/03/13/lesbian-fights-for-her-right-to-wear-pants-to-the-prom/
    And the action heats up,, ACLU is helping her sue to wear pants to the prom....

You might have heard someone say, “there’s no right and there’s no wrong,” but you have to ask yourself, is their statement right or wrong? And I’m sure you’ve heard someone say, “It’s wrong for you to impose your morals on me!” But if you think about it, by them telling you that something is wrong, they are imposing their morals on you! How about this one – “There is no such thing as absolute truth.” I must ask, “Are you absolutely sure about your absolute statement?”
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 02:16
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    http://www.lemondrop.com/2009/03/13/lesbian-fights-for-her-right-to-wear-pants-to-the-prom/

You might have heard someone say, “there’s no right and there’s no wrong,” but you have to ask yourself, is their statement right or wrong? And I’m sure you’ve heard someone say, “I ...[text shortened]... h thing as absolute truth.” I must ask, “Are you absolutely sure about your absolute statement?”
    Its not about right or wrong man, its about "compensation" to ease their pain. Therefore, as a society I think we should all chip in some money to pay for the damages. After all, whether it be government that pays or the private sector the expenses will eventually be passed down to the lowest of the lows which is Joe Shmoe tax payer.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 02:211 edit
    I’m sure you’ve heard someone say, “It’s wrong for you to impose your morals on me!” But if you think about it, by them telling you that something is wrong, they are imposing their morals on you!
    You miss the point, Hugh. It's about whether or not prejudice is empowered and whether or not there is discrimination. Nobody need care about what you believe as long as your beliefs-in-action do not seek to restrict the freedom of others. Equality for homosexuals is not imposing morals (or anything esle) on heterosexuals. Discrimination by heterosexuals against homosexuals is imposing morals on people.
  4. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 02:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    Its not about right or wrong man, its about "compensation" to ease their pain. Therefore, as a society I think we should all chip in some money to pay for the damages. After all, whether it be government that pays or the private sector the expenses will eventually be passed down to the lowest of the lows which is Joe Shmoe tax payer.
    You are right Whodey,, maybe we should start playing the game too?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 02:23
    This site is causing me a great deal of pain and suffering an I want compensation.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 02:288 edits
    You are right Whodey,, maybe we should start playing the game too?
    I seek compensation as a tax payer. I have unfairly paid for the sins of those in Washington and Wall Street while abiding by the laws of the land. For those of you desiring a REAL redistribution of wealth, you ain't seen noth'in yet. Now this is redistribution of wealth I can really get behind!! Let's begin with Barney Franks bank account because he glibly stated that Fannie and Freddie were "OK" right before they went belly up. It happened on his watch and was his resposibility. Then we will move on to the fortunes Goldman Sachs has made on the credit crisis debacle. Then again, mayby they just got lucky and were the only ones on the face of the planet to turn a profit from it all. LOL

Now who's with me!! I won't be satisfied until I see that they pry all of their money from their greedy and corrupt little hands 😠
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 09:02

You might have heard someone say, “there’s no right and there’s no wrong,” but you have to ask yourself, is their statement right or wrong? And I’m sure you’ve heard someone say, “I ...[text shortened]... h thing as absolute truth.” I must ask, “Are you absolutely sure about your absolute statement?”
    Haven't really been following this debate but private property rights would solve all this.

The owner of the site sets the conditions.

Full stop.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 09:591 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Discrimination by heterosexuals against homosexuals [b]is imposing morals on people.[/b]
    Right. But what does wearing pants have to do with sexuality? Heterosexual girls are also not allowed to wear pants (or boys wear skirts).
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 10:52
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Right. But what does wearing pants have to do with sexuality? Heterosexual girls are also not allowed to wear pants (or boys wear skirts).
    Correct. So the real question is whether or not traditional dress codes should be enforced and to what degree.
    A number of girls I have known prefer trousers to skirts, but are often forced by dress codes to wear skirts or dresses. I do not know any boy who went around in a skirt or dress, but I guess that is largely because the discrimination in that direction is even more severe. Generally women are given far more leeway when it comes to what they are allowed to wear.
    Of course in some morally conservative countries like Malawi, that is not the case.
  10. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 15:01
    It's all about COMPENSATION and how often do you find it is the heterosexual people suing for this?

Every heterosexual male and female in the school should request the right to wear a skirt/dress (males) and trousers (females) to the prom. When they are refused then they should sue as well.

Its bluddy stupid.
  11. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 15:31
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Every heterosexual male and female in the school should request the right to wear a skirt/dress (males) and trousers (females) to the prom. When they are refused then they should sue as well..
    A class action on behalf of all kilt wearing men should happen at any time now.
  12. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 08:08
    Maybe they want to wear dungarees?
  13. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 13:31
    While I side with the lesbo who wanted to bring her girlfriend to the prom, I'm on the fence on this one.

A while back my mother was telling me about the days when she was in school, when girls were required to wear skirts to school. Lots of girls protested and held "walk outs" and eventually the rules were changed. I agree with them on this issue.

But we are talking about the prom, which has a formal dress code. I'm sure men, for example, are required to wear ties. Also, in keep with the norm for formal occasions men dressing in drag would be unacceptable.

But on the other side women wearing pants isn't quite the same thing. I've never been to a fancy restaurant or a night club (who have a dress code) that required women to wear dresses. Whether it's fair or unfair there is a stigma that implies sexism when women are forbid from wearing pants, and there is a lot of history behind this.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 13:463 edits
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    [b]While I side with the lesbo who wanted to bring her girlfriend to the prom, I'm on the fence on this one.

A while back my mother was telling me about the days when she was in school, when girls were required to wear skirts to school. Lots of girls protested and held "walk outs" and eventually the rules were changed. I agree with them on this issue.
    It's not too late!! Just have your mother get a lawyer and sue to the state. For the ACLU to get involved to defend her, however, just tell them she was a lesbian at the time. 😛 Another angle might be to say that the Judeo-Christian influence on the culture within the school caused them to require dress distinguishing the two genders in a conervative fashion, thus, it is a clear violation of church and state. Of course, the ACLU would also be sympathetic to your mother if she was either a Satan worshipper of child molestor. Any combination of these I think is a sure way for the ACLU to get invovled free of charge!! 😀
  15. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 16:27
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    While I side with the lesbo who wanted to bring her girlfriend to the prom, I'm on the fence on this one.

A while back my mother was telling me about the days when she was in school, when girls were required to wear skirts to school. Lots of girls protested and held "walk outs" and eventually the rules were changed. I agree with them on this is ...[text shortened]... xism when women are forbid from wearing pants, and there is a lot of history behind this.
    I was stopped from going in a club once with the wife and friends, because of my shoes???
    On the other side of the coin, The wife and I were real frustrated once at my older daughters date for the prom.... We had a guy come to take pictures. This kid had gone down to the local thrift store, and looked insane,,, like a clown. The school says nothing?? here the girls spend money for great dresss, and hair appointments, and that's what shows up??

Oh boy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree