1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 17:03
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    I was stopped from going in a club once with the wife and friends, because of my shoes???
    Yo, you must stop wearing stilettos and makeup when sided by yer missus, dawg.

It confuses people, know 'am sayin'?
  2. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 18:06
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Yo, you must stop wearing stilettos and makeup when sided by yer missus, dawg.

It confuses people, know 'am sayin'?
    ah, I left out something from the story,, now it' seems funny... I had a roach burn in my shirt,, and the guy spotted it?? But he picked on the shoes.
  3. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    28 Mar '10 07:17
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    http://www.lemondrop.com/2009/03/13/lesbian-fights-for-her-right-to-wear-pants-to-the-prom/
    And the action heats up,, ACLU is helping her sue to wear pants to the prom....

You might have heard someone say, “there’s no right and there’s no wrong,” but you have to ask yourself, is their statement right or wrong? And I’m sure you’ve heard someone say, “I ...[text shortened]... h thing as absolute truth.” I must ask, “Are you absolutely sure about your absolute statement?”
    Hands up all those who have been to Lebanon, Indiana.
    ===
    I think it boils down to whether the Public has the right do something that is appreciated by only Some of the Public.

So for example, if we hold a public childbirth class, can a couple of guys show up to talk about duck hunting? Can they scream discrimination and violation of their rights if they get thrown out for sounding mallard calls during the deep-breathing exercies? I think we would all say, "No, that's stupid."

So if the public decides that having an activity that promotes male-female bonding specifically because there is demand for that:

a) why is that wrong? There is no sort of discrimination -- anyone can attend. They just have to stay on-topic (just as the duck hunters would be allowed to participate in the deep-breathing lessons if they chose.)
    b) why should someone who shows up and wants to talk about male-male or female-female or human-dog or chimpanzee-oak tree bonding be allowed to disrupt the proceedings?

If there is demand for dances that celebrate "pairings" more broadly -- fine, they can be held as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree