Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 22 Oct '10 10:14
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/jeffrandall/8078864/Spending-Review-2010-Lets-remind-Ed-Miliband-where-the-deficit-came-from.html

Spending Review 2010: Let's remind Ed Miliband where the deficit came from
    Public spending increased by 50 per cent in real terms under Labour, says Jeff Randall.
  2. 22 Oct '10 10:22
    How much did public spending as a percentage of GDP increase?
  3. 22 Oct '10 10:29
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    How much did public spending as a percentage of GDP increase?
    nationmaster.com is your friend.
  4. 22 Oct '10 10:36 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    nationmaster.com is your friend.
    I feel much less lonely now.

I guess the Telegraph didn't feel like giving the actual relevant numbers in this case, shocking. (I wouldn't be surprised if spending as a percentage of GDP increased, though it's most certainly a less dramatic number than 50% )
  5. Standard member spruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    22 Oct '10 11:56

I guess the Telegraph didn't feel like giving the actual relevant numbers in this case, shocking. (I wouldn't be surprised if spending as a percentage of GDP increased, though it's most certainly a less dramatic number than 50% )
    Where are you looking?
  6. 22 Oct '10 15:56

the govt is composed of people, separate from yourself unless you're a govt employee, and these people assume a right to a portion of your income, and a right to increase that portion as they see fit.
  7. 22 Oct '10 17:51
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    the govt is composed of people, separate from yourself unless you're a govt employee, and these people assume a right to a portion of your income, and a right to increase that portion as they see fit.
    Your point being...