Libtard commie fools

Libtard commie fools

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k

Moves
01 Jul 18

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5905247/Girl-Bronx-Alexandria-Ocasio-Cortez-actually-grew-wealthy-Westchester-County.html

K

Germany

Moves
01 Jul 18

And you shouldn't vote for someone from Westchester County because...?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Jul 18

Originally posted by @kquinn909
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5905247/Girl-Bronx-Alexandria-Ocasio-Cortez-actually-grew-wealthy-Westchester-County.html
Yeah, that house looks like a real mansion.

rain

Moves
01 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
And you shouldn't vote for someone from Westchester County because...?
Clearly, that's not the issue. It seems that she embellished her background, according to this article. If true, that's pretty significant since it would mean she was elected based on a lie.

If we blast Trump for being a liar, we shouldn't accept falsehoods from liberals.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
01 Jul 18

Originally posted by @kquinn909
Is that the best the alt-right Trump supporter can come up with?

Ohhhh, a democrat has money...

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Jul 18

Originally posted by @shavixmir
Is that the best the alt-right Trump supporter can come up with?

Ohhhh, a democrat has money...
Yep, if she has ten thou in a bank she is a hypocrite....Meanwhile Trump......

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @vivify
Clearly, that's not the issue. It seems that she embellished her background, according to this article. If true, that's pretty significant since it would mean she was elected based on a lie.

If we blast Trump for being a liar, we shouldn't accept falsehoods from liberals.
I don't see any "embellishment". If her mother still lives in the Parkchester apartment, it's very possible she could have commuted from there to the Yorktown Heights school district. The house might have been used to establish residence in the district, but she might not have lived there. That's not quite legal, but that would have been something her parents did as a child, not something she did.

Moves
01 Jul 18

It is a matter of judgement and degree. Otherwise, we wouldn't vote at all. We'd hardly engage ourselves in the world, at all.

rain

Moves
01 Jul 18

Originally posted by @no1marauder
I don't see any "embellishment". If her mother still lives in the Parkchester apartment, it's very possible she could have commuted from there to the Yorktown Heights school district. The house might have been used to establish residence in the district, but she might not have lived there. That's not quite legal, but that would have been something her parents did as a child, not something she did.
The article says the family actually moved to Yorktown, which was verified by Alexandria's mother.

Even if your "possible" scenario is true, that still means that Ocasio-Cortez grew up in family well-off enough to afford both a house and an apartment simultaneously. That makes her claim of having a "deep understanding of income inequality" a little disingenuous, since that statement was meant to imply her family struggled financially.

rain

Moves
01 Jul 18
3 edits

rain

Moves
01 Jul 18

In a post Trump-world, electing politicians based on "it's not that bad of a lie" is something no one should be able to stomach anymore.

Even if we must vote for the lesser-of-two evils, that doesn't mean we shouldn't hold someone responsible for untruths. The fact that the other party lies more doesn't change that.

Z

Moves
01 Jul 18

wow you actually humor the troll

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Jul 18
2 edits

The article says the family actually moved to Yorktown, which was verified by Alexandria's mother.

Even if your "possible" scenario is true, that still means that Ocasio-Cortez grew up in family well-off enough to afford both a house and an apartment simultaneously. That makes her claim of having a "deep understanding of income inequality" a little disingenuous, since that statement was meant to imply her family struggled financially.
And just happened to move back later to the exact same apartment 20+ years later? My scenario is supported by the bio:

The state of Bronx public schools in the late 80s and early 90s sent her parents on a search for a solution. She ended up attending public school 40 minutes north in Yorktown,

https://ocasio2018.com/about

She said her parents were "working class" not poor. The father owned his own business; it's hardly a mark of extreme wealth to own a modest home (look at the picture of it). And sure people can struggle financially even if they have some assets; at the father's death they were near bankruptcy.

This is just right wingers throwing mud; the woman was working as a bartender six months ago despite having an Economics degree from Boston U. Yeah, she knows a little about "income inequality".

rain

Moves
01 Jul 18

And just happened to move back later to the exact same apartment 20+ years later? My scenario is supported by the bio:

The state of Bronx public schools in the late 80s and early 90s [b]sent her parents on a search for a solution.
She ended up attending public school 40 minutes north in Yorktown,

https://ocasio2018.com/about

She said her p ...[text shortened]... e having an Economics degree from Boston U. Yeah, she knows a little about "income inequality".[/b]
So either the Daily Mail lied (which wouldn't be surprising since they're notoriously right-winged) or her mother lied to the NYT about something that happened 20 years ago.

I have no personal beef with Ocasio-Cortez. She's a bright, young engaging woman who worked with Bernie Sanders. But if there's any fabrication of the truth on her part, I have to be objective. So far, I don't see any reason why this article should be doubted. If this is just more right-wing lying, I'll gladly retract any statement made about this woman.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Jul 18

So either the Daily Mail lied (which wouldn't be surprising since they're notoriously right-winged) or her mother lied to the NYT about something that happened 20 years ago.

I have no personal beef with Ocasio-Cortez. She's a bright, young engaging woman who worked with Bernie Sanders. But if there's any fabrication of the truth on her part, I have to ...[text shortened]... If this is just more right-wing lying, I'll gladly retract any statement made about this woman.
A more charitable explanation, given that according to Maureen Dowd, Ocasio-Cortez's mother thought she was running for City Council, would be that there was some miscommunication between her and the NYT reporter.