1. Germany
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 07:47
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    No, just by those who voted for him and I think that number will eventually rise.
    But you just suggested the polls are wrong. Does Donald Trump have a higher approval rating than polls indicate?
  2. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 10:591 edit
    It turns out that polls are meaningless, and often false.
    Occasionally they will get it spectacularly wrong, but for each upset, how many times do they represent sentiment and accurately predict outcomes?
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 12:48
    Originally posted by vivify
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-lowest-approval-ratings-any-president-in-us-history-poll-cnn-a7563091.html

[b]Donald Trump has lowest approval ratings of any President in US history

Just 44 per cent of respondents gave Mr Trump their approval, making him the only President since polls began to hold a negative approval r ...[text shortened]... s presidency, with 78 per cent saying he is handling things exactly as they would have expected.[/b]
    78% of Americans think that Donald Trump is behaving exactly as they would have expected. 44% approve of him so far. Clearly there is an overlap. What I'm curious about is the number of people who expected Trump to be like this, do not approve, and did vote for him. It's not obvious that there's an overlap, but given that more than the 22% of those who voted voted for Trump and were not expecting the presidency to be like this, that more than 44% who approve so far voted for him, while it's possible that no one who expected him to be like this and disapproves voted for him it seems likely they did. So why?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 13:00
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    while it's possible that no one who expected him to be like this and disapproves voted for him it seems likely they did. So why?
    Isn't it obvious? The media and other sources successful convinced a lot of people that Clinton was the devil incarnate.
    I am quite impressed by how many genuinely bought in to some of the lies despite not having a political stake and still believe it after the election is over.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 13:20
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Isn't it obvious? The media and other sources successful convinced a lot of people that Clinton was the devil incarnate.
    I am quite impressed by how many genuinely bought in to some of the lies despite not having a political stake and still believe it after the election is over.
    Hillary convinced me.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 14:27
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-lowest-approval-ratings-any-president-in-us-history-poll-cnn-a7563091.html

[b]Donald Trump has lowest approval ratings of any President in US history

Just 44 per cent of respondents gave Mr Trump their approval, making him the only President since polls began to hold a negative approval r ...[text shortened]... s presidency, with 78 per cent saying he is handling things exactly as they would have expected.[/b]
    he has lower ratings than post-Katrina Bush.
    it's been 8 days. he managed to do in 8 days what it took Bush a massive hurricane and years of crappy decisions.
  7. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 14:41
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    he has lower ratings than post-Katrina Bush.
    it's been 8 days. he managed to do in 8 days what it took Bush a massive hurricane and years of crappy decisions.
    And Bush's ratings were going to the toilet before 9/11 and then the amazing phoenix rise of his ratings as his Mission was Accomplished!
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 14:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It wasn't "how many people voted for him", it was "how many people were prevented from voting against him".
    Sure, keep thinking that, in your own little libtard world.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 14:50
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    But you just suggested the polls are wrong. Does Donald Trump have a higher approval rating than polls indicate?
    I don't trust polls. Polls said Clinton should be prez.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 15:00
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Hillary convinced me.
    Trump had the lowest approval rating in US history but it was still good enough to beat Hilldog.

Hilarious.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 15:082 edits
    It turns out that polls are meaningless, and often false.
    You have a short memory. Donald Trump bragged MANY times about how his poll numbers were higher than everyone else's during the primaries; he constantly threw his numbers in Jeb Bush's face, and constantly reminded everyone of how incredible he was for having such ratings.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/trump-polls-216640

Poll numbers are, unlike perhaps any candidate in history, central to Trump's pitch to voters. In his telephone and in-person morning talk show interviews and his evening rallies, not to mention on his hyperactive Twitter account, he rarely lets an opportunity escape without mentioning his titanic standing. "Wow, my poll numbers have just been announced and have gone through the roof!" Trump tweeted Thursday morning.

So basically, when the polls are in his favor, he flaunts them; when they're not, the polls are rigged.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 15:12
    I don't trust polls. Polls said Clinton should be prez.
    No they didn't. As has been pointed out to you numerous times.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 18:00
    You have a short memory. Donald Trump bragged MANY times about how his poll numbers were higher than everyone else's during the primaries; he constantly threw his numbers in Jeb Bush's face, and constantly reminded everyone of how incredible he was for having such ratings.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/trump-polls-216640

[quote] Poll numbers ar ...[text shortened]... cally, when the polls are in his favor, he flaunts them; when they're not, the polls are rigged.
    I'm not Trump...🙂
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 18:08
    I'm not Trump...🙂
    True...but when the ratings were in Trump's favor, did you complain about polls being false or untrue back then? Or was only when his ratings plummeted that you started saying this?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 21:26

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree