1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 07:26
    It's easy to look around us and see all the things that "could be better", but how often do we view our situation in the context of human history? Turn back the clock 100 years or 200 years, and ask yourself: What percentage of people in society had access to electricity, running water, basic medical care, or even an elementery school education? Yes...things could be better, the deficit could be lower, the unemployment rate could be lower, fewer jobs could be offshored to China, our justice system could be more perfect etc... A look at our situation through the scope of human history may make us a bit more thankful for what we have. 🙂
  2. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 12:18
    Originally posted by bill718
    It's easy to look around us and see all the things that "could be better", but how often do we view our situation in the context of human history? Turn back the clock 100 years or 200 years, and ask yourself: What percentage of people in society had access to electricity, running water, basic medical care, or even an elementery school education? Yes...things ...[text shortened]... ation through the scope of human history may make us a bit more thankful for what we have. 🙂
    No offence we dont have to time travel to count oursleves lucky. But I agree with you 100% we should count our blessings everyday!

http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats

If we take their word for it then 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 per day.

World pop = 7 Billion ppl --> 80% = 5.6 Billion people folks, or almost 20 times the US population.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree