Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d3nASKtGas

watch it. or don't.
    Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 09:44
    no takers, huh? oh well, let's get back to talking about the latest crap trump said in GOP debates a full year before US presidential elections will take place. that's much more important
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 13:562 edits
    no takers, huh? oh well, let's get back to talking about the latest crap trump said in GOP debates a full year before US presidential elections will take place. that's much more important
    What do you expect?

You post a random youtube link and don't explain what it is other than that it's about a Medicaid gap and you don't even bother to put it in youtube clickable format, thought the site has that functionality.

The issue is fundamentally boring for most people. Most Americans know that Medicaid doesn't cover everyone and everything who could use it and most non-Americans probably don't care.

If you want to stimulate discussion, at least explain what your thesis is in your OP. What do you want to discuss? What is your question or position?

You basically just threw a link out there and now are berating everyone for not wanting to figure out what you're talking about and discuss it with you.

By the way:

YouTube

You're welcome.

(though I'm not watching it right now... maybe later)
  5. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 14:10
    I took you up on the "or don't" part.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 15:31
    Originally posted by sh76
    What do you expect?

You post a random youtube link and don't explain what it is other than that it's about a Medicaid gap and you don't even bother to put it in youtube clickable format, thought the site has that functionality.

The issue is fundamentally boring for most people. Most Americans know that Medicaid doesn't cover everyone and everything who co ...[text shortened]... SKtGas[/youtube]

You're welcome.

(though I'm not watching it right now... maybe later)
    medicaid is boring for you, gotcha. perhaps it might be less boring if you had to pay thousands of dollars for an EKG and your governor would refuse a truckload of government money on just an idiotic principle.

perhaps now you have a clue why i didn't bother to explain too much of the link.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 15:41
    no takers, huh?
    The important point in the video is that people concentrate on national politics but ignore local politics where much of the action takes place.
    What is interesting is that almost all the proponents of local politics on this forum (myself included, but I think many others have advocated for more distributed decision making) spend their time discussing national politics and ignore what is going on in local politics. this is partly the fault of the media and politicians and big business who all prefer the focus to stay on national politics and as usual Last Week Tonight is going against the grain.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 15:481 edit
    medicaid is boring for you, gotcha. perhaps it might be less boring if you had to pay thousands of dollars for an EKG and your governor would refuse a truckload of government money on just an idiotic principle.

perhaps now you have a clue why i didn't bother to explain too much of the link.
    "...perhaps now you have a clue why i didn't bother to explain too much of the link."

You didn't want to prompt the usual knee jerk responses?

Presumably the "idiotic principle" you cite is their objection to Obamacare (or what is behind it).

I can see why you restrained yourself. Starting out that way would tempt knee jerk responses from the most reasonable of us.

But it's futile, IMO. Most likely, just knowing who the OP is from will tip the opposition. Regular visitors here know what to expect from each other.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 16:02

I don't understand. I thought Obama fixed health care. 😲
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 16:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    i was gonna address this, but i remembered who it is i was gonna argue with. so no, thank you
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 16:26
    Originally posted by JS357
    "...perhaps now you have a clue why i didn't bother to explain too much of the link."

You didn't want to prompt the usual knee jerk responses?

Presumably the "idiotic principle" you cite is their objection to Obamacare (or what is behind it).

I can see why you restrained yourself. Starting out that way would tempt knee jerk responses from the most rea ...[text shortened]... e OP is from will tip the opposition. Regular visitors here know what to expect from each other.
    "I can see why you restrained yourself. Starting out that way would tempt knee jerk responses from the most reasonable of us"

my purpose was to provide information. those that have those knee jerk reactions you mentioned wouldn't have been receptive to new information anyway.
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 16:32

Now it's your petulance that's boring.
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 17:06
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I took you up on the "or don't" part.
    Really creepy. It ends up being a British comedian poking fun at American healthcare, and taking a long time getting to his point. Don't the Brits have enough social problems of their own?
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 17:08
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yeh, fixed it alright, so that now almost nobody can afford health care.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 17:41
    those that have those knee jerk reactions you mentioned wouldn't have been receptive to new information anyway.
    And those of us that don't already watch Last Week Tonight.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree