Medicare for all

Medicare for all

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planet Rain

Moves
26 Jan 18

Planet Rain

Moves
26 Jan 18

Originally posted by @whodey
Since Medicare denies more people medical care and various treatments than private insurance, we all want Medicare instead?

The issue is who should sit in authority to ration health care. Currently, anyone going into an ER gets treated regardless of insurance. The only question then becomes, how much treatment? Those who cannot afford to pay are ration ...[text shortened]... in favor of a Single Payer system seem to wish for all to be rationed like those who cannot pay.
In making comparisons, you are probably not accounting for what segment of the population Medicare serves.

Hint: not generally the young and athletic.

w

Moves
26 Jan 18

Originally posted by @soothfast
In making comparisons, you are probably not accounting for what segment of the population Medicare serves.

Hint: not generally the young and athletic.
The government serves the veterans as well. Why then do some veterans turn to private care?

It seems to me that they relish the choice.

Planet Rain

Moves
26 Jan 18
2 edits

The government serves the veterans as well. Why then do some veterans turn to private care?

Maybe you should take a poll to find out how many veterans would like to see their government medical coverage privatized. Oh wait, already done:

https://www.militarytimes.com/veterans/2015/11/10/poll-veterans-oppose-plans-to-privatize-va/

The poll of 800 veterans, conducted jointly by a Republican-backed firm and a Democratic-backed one, found that almost two-thirds of survey respondents oppose plans to replace VA health care with a voucher system, an idea backed by some Republican lawmakers and presidential candidates.

What veterans want is more choice in doctors. That is, to go "outside the network." If Medicare were expanded to include everyone (i.e. Medicare for all) the choice of doctors would automatically increase severalfold.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Jan 18

Originally posted by @shallow-blue
I think she's saying that you're right in principle, but don't go far enough. Not knowing all the details I don't know about that, rhere are certainly downsides to literally unlimited healthcare, but one thing is certain. What you have now is murderous.

Edit: and both of you are above this spat. Neither of you is whodey.
She?

Z

Moves
26 Jan 18

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/956550555979210753

Tweet by Sanders that shows what stories cable news were covering while the medicare fir all town Hall was taking place. Hint: it was different aromas of trump

Z

Moves
26 Jan 18

Because they have money. Nobody is stopping you from going to a private doctor
Nobody is preventing a Norwegian, canadian, Mexican from seeking provate healthcare.

Z

Moves
26 Jan 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
She?
I don't mind the pronoun. Do you?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
26 Jan 18
1 edit

She?
Not that there's anything wrong with that. 😉

w

Moves
26 Jan 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @soothfast
Maybe you should take a poll to find out how many veterans would like to see their government medical coverage privatized. Oh wait, already done:

https://www.militarytimes.com/veterans/2015/11/10/poll-veterans-oppose-plans-to-privatize-va/

[quote]The poll of 800 veterans, conducted jointly by a Republican-backed firm and a Democratic-backed one, fo ...[text shortened]... everyone (i.e. Medicare for all) the choice of doctors would automatically increase severalfold.
So long as people have choice, it will give incentive for the government to provide adequate health care.

What scares me, as it should everyone else, is being forced into a system without recourse. This is what is scary about the government running anything, because you no longer have a higher power to run to when abused, other than God himself.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Mar 18

Just listen.

Moves
02 Mar 18

She?
I was under the impression that Zahlanzi is a woman. I don't know where I picked that up, and I'm willing to be corrected.