1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 23:321 edit
    I got an email from info@mail.whitehouse.gov that seems legit, from Mike Pence to my Gmail account.

First of all...how the fck did they get my email? Is Google simply forwarding White House emails to all Gmail accounts? I've never signed up for any newsletter or joined a website where I agreed to to receive info from them.

Anyway, the message I got is as follows:

Friends,

Today, I cast the tie-breaking vote in the Senate to confirm President Donald Trump’s nominee for Secretary of Education: Betsy DeVos.

The vote the President asked me to cast wasn’t just for Betsy – it was also for America’s future.

Our nation’s success depends on the education of our students. In Betsy DeVos, we have one of America’s foremost advocates for educational opportunity and excellence.

For nearly three decades she has devoted her time, her talent, and her treasure to ensure that every child in America has the best shot at a better life. Countless students have benefitted from her efforts to promote an educational marketplace defined by innovation, opportunity, and real, meaningful choice.

The President and I agree that our children’s futures should not be determined by their zip code. Students should not be trapped in a system that puts the status quo ahead of a child’s success.

Betsy DeVos will have great impact as Secretary of Education. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a public school, a private school, a parochial school, a charter school, or any other kind of school – she will help ensure that every student has access to a good school.

We are grateful to Senate Majority Leader McConnell and all the Republican Senators who stood with us on this important vote.

The President is fully committed to this mission. Today’s vote was the first of its kind in our nation’s history, but the real history will be made through our unwavering dedication to America’s children – and to America’s future.

Thank you for all your help and support.

Sincerely,

Michael R. Pence
    Vice President of the United States
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 23:44
    Originally posted by vivify
    I got an email from info@mail.whitehouse.gov that seems legit, from Mike Pence to my Gmail account.

First of all...how the fck did they get my email? Is Google simply forwarding White House emails to all Gmail accounts? I've never signed up for any newsletter or joined a website where I agreed to to receive info from them.

Anyway, the message I got is ...[text shortened]... help and support.

Sincerely,

Michael R. Pence
    Vice President of the United States[/quote]
    I knew you voted Trump/Pence. Cmon... admit it, it's Okay...😵
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 23:48

Sincerely,

Michael R. Pence
    If you got the propaganda from O'Bammy's White House, you'll be getting the same from Trump.
    I believe you can opt out by declaring your status as a conscientious offender.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 23:49
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I knew you voted Trump/Pence. Cmon... admit it, it's Okay...😵
    Ya got me. My church is handing out free shotguns for Key Stone Pipeline day.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 23:50
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    If you got the propaganda from O'Bammy's White House, you'll be getting the same from Trump.
    I believe you can opt out by declaring your status as a conscientious offender.
    Never got anything from 'Bama.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 00:21

Sincerely,

Michael R. Pence
    I got the same e-mail; if you signed the whitehouse.gov petition for Trump to make public his tax returns, you gave them your e-mail address.

There's a link at the bottom of the e-mail to "unsubscribe" and you shouldn't get further e-mails from the White House if you don't want them.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 00:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I got the same e-mail; if you signed the whitehouse.gov petition for Trump to make public his tax returns, you gave them your e-mail address.

There's a link at the bottom of the e-mail to "unsubscribe" and you shouldn't get further e-mails from the White House if you don't want them.
    That's right...you had a thread about the petition. Makes sense now.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 00:434 edits
    Well, this is peachy. A woman with zero experience in the education field who proved to have virtually no knowledge of the education system....was picked by the Trump administration because her family gave 2 billion dollars to the GOP.

How is this making America great again?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 00:472 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 00:48
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/why-betsy-devos-riling-education-advocates-n716491

"DeVos faced fierce criticism from Michigan parents and educators for her role in the charter school boom, who say her passion project resulted in unregulated schools and poor education performance."

"The state has 300 charter schools, and more than 80 percent are run by for-profit companies — the highest rate in the nation."
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 01:02
    If he wants to follow the Constitution his next move will be to get rid of the Secretary of Education and the Department of Education. Education is left to the states.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 01:061 edit
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/why-betsy-devos-riling-education-advocates-n716491

"DeVos faced fierce criticism from Michigan parents and educators for her role in the charter school boom, who say her passion project resulted in unregulated schools and poor education performance."

"The state has 300 charter schools, and more than 80 percent are run by for-profit companies — the highest rate in the nation."
    "Poor performance."
    Based on their exacting standards for such things, it is assumed.
    And no one knows that better than the crooks who devise this current curriculum: spend the entire year studying for the test... the test, of course, is to determine how well they prepared them for that test.
    They couldn't care two ships if the kids are learning anything--- they're not--- as long as they can pass those tests.
    Deplorable.

Are those idiots at the NEA seriously thinking we're buying their stated mission: "to advocate for education professionals and to unite our members and the nation to fulfill the promise of public education to prepare every student to succeed in a diverse and interdependent world"?
    Or the jokester's over at DOE (so comically close to its reality, i.e., dead on arrival)...
    "Our mission is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access"
    ... which is toward the bottom of their initial page.
    At the top?
    Why, info for all your student loan questions, of course!
    Priorities, people!
    And that mission statement is followed by...
    more student loan information, naturally.

It's a mill.
    Has been for years, and there's not a thought about making education relevant to the job market.
    Unless you're in some very, very specialized field which allows and encourages internships with a learn-on-the-job format, whatever education is gathered is little more than the first things to be discarded IF you land a job in your chosen field.

But, by God, they'll take as much money as can be mustered in this so noble a task.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 02:22

Sincerely,

Michael R. Pence
    God save us.
  14. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 04:011 edit

Sincerely,

Michael R. Pence
    I received the same email. Not a clue why I would be on his mailing list given I donate to the Democratic Party and gave money to Sanders. One of my state senators is a Republican and I did contact him via snail mail, email and a phone call that I opposed Betsy DeVos.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 06:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    God save us.
    This is but a little taste of what is happening.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree