1. Germany
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 07:48
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If he wants to follow the Constitution his next move will be to get rid of the Secretary of Education and the Department of Education. Education is left to the states.
    Considering DeVos (possibly the least qualified Secretary of Education in the history of the Universe) is now confirmed, it is probably for the better that education in the U.S. is mostly a responsibility of the States.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 07:55
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Considering DeVos (possibly the least qualified Secretary of Education in the history of the Universe) is now confirmed, it is probably for the better that education in the U.S. is mostly a responsibility of the States.
    Tell that to the kids in red states.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 07:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Tell that to the kids in red states.
    To be fair, it is not like U.S. education is all that much better in blue states.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 08:12
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    To be fair, it is not like U.S. education is all that much better in blue states.
    Not after DeVos gets her hands into it.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 08:30
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yeah... the grizzly bears in the classrooms.

Damn, am I ever happy I don't go to school in the US!
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 13:13
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Yeah... the grizzly bears in the classrooms.

Damn, am I ever happy I don't go to school in the US!
    Some schools are good. Some schools are bad. I'd venture to say this is true in all countries with free education for all.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 13:33
    Originally posted by vivify
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/why-betsy-devos-riling-education-advocates-n716491

"DeVos faced fierce criticism from Michigan parents and educators for her role in the charter school boom, who say her passion project resulted in unregulated schools and poor education performance."

"The state has 300 charter schools, and more than 80 percent are run by for-profit companies — the highest rate in the nation."
    So a business opportunity rears its ugly head, start a for profit charter school.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree