Mitch McConnell is hilarious

Mitch McConnell is hilarious

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
11 Jul 19
1 edit

Mitch McConnell told the press that he and Obama have two things in common. They are both against reparations and both are descendants of slave owners.

The Left has no idea on how to respond to this.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Jul 19

@whodey said
Mitch McConnell told the press that he and Obama have two things in common. They are both against reparations and both are descendants of slave owners.

I'm guessing he's just stupid.

I haven't found any of his fawning over Trump or his desire to please his master very "funny" at all.

MB

Moves
11 Jul 19

@whodey said

Who was the descendant of Obama that owned slaves? I am assuming from his mother's side.

S. Korea

Moves
11 Jul 19

@metal-brain said
Who was the descendant of Obama that owned slaves? I am assuming from his mother's side.
McConnell's comments about Obama referred to reports from 2007 about the then-presidential candidate's ancestry on his mother's side. The Baltimore Sun and other outlets had retraced Barack Obama's ancestry to confirm the geneology, and found in the 1850 census that Obama's great-great-great-great grandfather on his mother's side owned two slaves, as did one of Obama's great-great-great-great-great-grandmothers

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/09/mitch-mcconnell-says-barack-obama-ancestors-also-owned-slaves/1685753001/

I love this country.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
11 Jul 19

@philokalia said
[quote]McConnell's comments about Obama referred to reports from 2007 about the then-presidential candidate's ancestry on his mother's side. The Baltimore Sun and other outlets had retraced Barack Obama's ancestry to confirm the geneology, and found in the 1850 census that Obama's great-great-great-great grandfather on his mother's side owned two slaves, as did one of Obam ...[text shortened]... 09/mitch-mcconnell-says-barack-obama-ancestors-also-owned-slaves/1685753001/

I love this country.
God bless America! and the liberals too 😀

Z

Moves
11 Jul 19

@whodey said

the left doesn't need to respond to this.

w

Moves
12 Jul 19

@zahlanzi said
Right, they can just ignore it because the Leftist press will by in large ignore it.

We know.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Jul 19
1 edit

@whodey said
Right, they can just ignore it because the Leftist press will by in large ignore it.

We know.
What exactly makes such trivia something the press should throw on its front pages?

Of course, a quick Google shows the comment was covered in all the major media outlets: https://www.google.com/search?q=mitch+mcconnell+reparation+obama+comment&oq=mitch+mcconnell+reparation+obama+comment&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.15646j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Moves
12 Jul 19

@zahlanzi said
Hear! Hear!

McConnell has all the appeal of a WalMart shopper's posterior cleavage as it struggles into its electric shopping cart.

mafia chief

the safe house

Moves
12 Jul 19

@Metal-Brain

dear ( rusted ) metal brain.

it is ancestors and not descendants.

mafia chief

the safe house

Moves
12 Jul 19

the problem with mitch mcconnell is that he is married to a chinese national ( probably a u.s. citizen now ) who is a member
of the mainland chinese family that owns the largest container
shipping company in the world. before mcconnell married her he had a somewhat aggressive policy on china issues but now he is all in on pro-china issues that affect business for china.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
12 Jul 19

@mister-moggy said
the problem with mitch mcconnell is that he is married to a chinese national ( probably a u.s. citizen now ) who is a member
of the mainland chinese family that owns the largest container
shipping company in the world. before mcconnell married her he had a somewhat aggressive policy on china issues but now he is all in on pro-china issues that affect business for china.
If Elaine Chao is an heiress to a shipping magnate, they certainly left that out of her bio. It says her father was a doctor that escaped communist China in 1949 and her mother was simply listed as "Mrs". Her father came to America and took 3 years before he could get his wife and three daughters including Elaine, to America, settling in New York,

Elaine is a very nice looking woman, degreed from Harvard. She also is in Trump's cabinet.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Jul 19
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
If Elaine Chao is an heiress to a shipping magnate, they certainly left that out of her bio. It says her father was a doctor that escaped communist China in 1949 and her mother was simply listed as "Mrs". Her father came to America and took 3 years before he could get his wife and three daughters including Elaine, to America, settling in New York,

Elaine is a very nice looking woman, degreed from Harvard. She also is in Trump's cabinet.
"her father, James Chao, founded Foremost Group, a shipping, trading, and finance company now run by Elaine’s sister Angela Chao. While the company is based in New York, its fleet is, per the Times, “overwhelmingly focused on China,” with roughly 72% of the raw materials it has shipped since early 2018 going to China, cargo that “helps feed” Beijing’s “industrial machine, which manufactures steel products that are a point of dispute in the deepening trade war between” China and the U.S. The company reportedly constructs almost all its vessels in state-owned shipyards in China, some with loans from the Chinese government."

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/06/elaine-chao-china-trip-foremost

And:

"In 2008 her father gave the couple a gift of as much as $25 million, while 13 members of the Chao family, including Foremost CEO Angela Chao, have given more than $1 million to McConnell’s campaigns and to PACs tied to him."

Guess that's all part of the Donald's "draining the swamp".

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Jul 19

@whodey said

And this matters WHY? You figure that makes McConnell a nice guy now? Now that he has turned over the leadership of the Senate to Trump? McConnell is a spineless assswipe and you know that full well. McConnell to Trump: You want me to jump? Just how high sir?
Barr to Trump. I can jump higher than McConnell sir.....

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
13 Jul 19
2 edits

@no1marauder said
"her father, James Chao, founded Foremost Group, a shipping, trading, and finance company now run by Elaine’s sister Angela Chao. While the company is based in New York, its fleet is, per the Times, “overwhelmingly focused on China,” with roughly 72% of the raw materials it has shipped since early 2018 going to China, cargo that “helps feed” Beijing’s “industrial machine, ...[text shortened]... s campaigns and to PACs tied to him."

Guess that's all part of the Donald's "draining the swamp".
Thanks for that, my link had none of that about Chao's father, only that he was a doctor. Hmm, they left out a pertinent part, of course.

But should Elaine - or anyone I her family OR Trump's be slimed over that? It's a point of pride. You have to understand what Washington consists of. It is all influential people, people that can impact American policy. People that have powerful lobbyists.

Pols on *both* sides listen to $Rich people. That's our "democratic" way. How do you think it is that all the *seasoned* politicians are filthy rich?