1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 May '17 15:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So can I take it that you a) agree with what he says about and b) do not have a reasonable explanation for any of these:
    1. The apparent rotation of the moon in his timelapse vs the absence of any rotation in NASA's timelapse.
    2. The moon is transparent in the NASA video.
    3. The moon does not appear to be rotating on its axis in the NASA video.

[b]N ...[text shortened]... n period). Then please provide the approximate time in the video where he shows it not doing so.
    Is the elephant dancing?
    The elephant would not appear to rotate in the least.

The time lapse in both is five hours.
    "Transparency" is used not because previous frames appear superimposed over the current frame, but rather because the part of the earth the moon blocks is showing through the moon.

Weird that five hours can go by in NASA's universe without cloud movement over the face of the entire planet, don't you think?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 May '17 15:36
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Ah, so you're at a loss.
    Noted.

It appears it escaped your notice that:
    He posted his own time lapse which clearly shows the transition of the moon; and
    He posted NASA's time lapse which shows a cartoonish moon with NO rotation at all.

Otherwise, posting a link to anything external literally never implies complete agreement.
    You do have a problem with math. It shows 5 hours of moon movement. You do know it takes 28 odd days for the moon to go round Earth. So that is about 670 hours. 5 hours out of 670 hours. The amount of actual spin would amount to less than 3 degrees and there is no way that could be seen from a million miles away.

Another bullshyte video but hey, you fall for that crap hook line and sinker.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 May '17 16:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You do have a problem with math. It shows 5 hours of moon movement. You do know it takes 28 odd days for the moon to go round Earth. So that is about 670 hours. 5 hours out of 670 hours. The amount of actual spin would amount to less than 3 degrees and there is no way that could be seen from a million miles away.

Another bullshyte video but hey, you fall for that crap hook line and sinker.
    The amount of spin--- in the movement as with a tumbler--- seen from the earth side of the moon is a helluva lot more than 3°.
    The other side of the moon moved exactly 0° in that time.
    One of those presentations is a lie.

But now that you think about it, it could be that on that particular recording day, it could be that the moon froze in its place, as it was on the edge of its figurative seat, so entranced by the earth beneath it, able to keep its cloud formation perfectly in place--- like a well-coiffed 'do struttin' down the street hair spray so heavily and evenly applied, every hair cannot forget its place.
    Surely ol' Mr. Moon was in wonder, wanting to know how such a thing could be done.

Do you have the answer for Mr. Moon?
    Do you know how the clouds could stay in the exact place and formation for a five hour stretch?
    Or do you think maybe NASA might have pulled a fast one?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 May '17 16:05
    The amount of spin--- in the movement as with a tumbler--- seen from the earth side of the moon is a helluva lot more than 3°.

But now that you think about it, it could be that on that particular recording day, it could be that the moon froze in its p ...[text shortened]... nd formation for a five hour stretch?
    So you see a meter that says zero degrees of motion? Prove it then with your civilization changing mind. Your words BTW. Try taking a pic of the moon from a million miles away and then showing how you are going to see 5 hours worth of spin. 2.6 degrees. Good luck.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 May '17 16:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you see a meter that says zero degrees of motion? Prove it then with your civilization changing mind. Your words BTW. Try taking a pic of the moon from a million miles away and then showing how you are going to see 5 hours worth of spin. 2.6 degrees. Good luck.
    So you don't have anything for Mr. Moon?
  6. Germany
    Moves
    21 May '17 16:59
    Perhaps you would care to do something against character and level a specific complaint?
    If you go sit at the kids' table, don't complain you can't have any beer.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 May '17 17:03
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    If you go sit at the kids' table, don't complain you can't have any beer.
    I brought my own.
    And I'll stand, but your gesture does not go unnoticed: you're a gentleman's gentleman.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 May '17 17:07

But now that you think about it, it could be that on that particular recording day, it could be that the moon froze in its p ...[text shortened]... nd formation for a five hour stretch?
    You have a problem with the math? It takes about 670 hours for one revolution around Earth. 5 hours, 1/136th of that rotation period. That is about 2 degrees of rotation around Earth. What part of that is a very tiny amount of motion do you not understand?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 May '17 17:39
    Is the elephant dancing?
    You didn't follow instructions. I told you to think, not run your mouth like a mad man.
    Sorry, but you are wrong.

The time lapse in both is five hours.
    And?

"Transparency" is used not because previous frames appear superimposed over the current frame, but rather because the part of the earth the moon blocks is showing through the moon.
    Evidence please. I have checked the original images and no such effect is visible. You just bought the lie in a YouTube.

Weird that five hours can go by in NASA's universe without cloud movement over the face of the entire planet, don't you think?
    What, my other points got you stumped so you have to think up some new unrelated claim?
    What is your evidence that the clouds didn't move?
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 May '17 17:44
    No, the perspectives are different. One is from the surface of the earth (which is moving) and one is from the other side of the moon.
    As for you claim that the moon moved 0 degrees in that time, I bet you didn't actually measure it yourself, you just bought the words of an anonymous YouTuber. Man are you gullible.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 May '17 17:45
    You didn't follow instructions. I told you to think, not run your mouth like a mad man.
    Sorry, but you are wrong.

[b]The time lapse in both is five hours.

And?

"Transparency" is used not because previous frames appear superimposed over the current frame, but rather because the part of the earth the moon blocks is showing through the ...[text shortened]... u have to think up some new unrelated claim?
    What is your evidence that the clouds didn't move?
    Blah-blah-blah...

But what's my evidence the clouds didn't move?
    What do you mean my evidence?
    NASA presented it as a true representation of what is happening with the earth, claiming they are giving The Boss--- taxpayers--- the truth.
    That's not my evidence; it's all of ours, bought and paid for.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 May '17 17:46
    No, the perspectives are different. One is from the surface of the earth (which is moving) and one is from the other side of the moon.
    As for you claim that the moon moved 0 degrees in that time, I bet you didn't actually measure it yourself, you just bought the words of an anonymous YouTuber. Man are you gullible.
    No monies were exchanged, thankfully.
    Are you suggesting you can see the moon rotate in the six second clip?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 May '17 17:49
    Blah-blah-blah...

But what's my evidence the clouds didn't move?
    What do you mean my evidence?
    NASA presented it as a true representation of what is happening with the earth, claiming they are giving The Boss--- taxpayers--- the truth.
    That's not my evidence; it's all of ours, bought and paid for.
    Blah Blah Blah. What a subtle response. You are actually talking to someone who actually is a scientist and has gone to school a lot longer than you and studied a lot more than you to get his Phd.

Why don't you try actual arguments rather than just posting bullshyte like blah blah blah.

Your education is sticking out really well for all to see.....
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 May '17 17:50
    No monies were exchanged, thankfully.
    Are you suggesting you can see the moon rotate in the six second clip?
    Are you suggesting you can see a 2 degree change in the rotation of the moon?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 May '17 17:55
    Is the elephant dancing?
    YouTube

Please make a timelapse of this video. Then you might realise just how big a fool you are making of yourself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree